Total Warrior 10k - HELP!

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for the Total Warrior 10k event in 2015. I have 10.5 months to prepare but not sure where to start.

I only started running 4 months ago but have completed a 5k race 2 weeks ago and did it in 38 mins, so not too shabby but still a lot of room for improvement. I know I need to work on my running distance but not sure what else to do in terms of strength training.

I currently workout 5-6 days per week, consisting of 2-3 runs, 2 x HIIT followed by some upper body training with 3kg dumbbells and usually one other cardio type class such as Boxercise.

I still have at least 33lb to lose and hope to be at goal by early 2015.

I have never done anything like this before; until the last 12 months I was seriously unfit & exercise-phobic but I now love it and am so excited by this challenge. However I am a little daunted by the size of the task ahead of me so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    You could download a 10k trainer app, that may help you build up your stamina.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks. It's not so much the running I have a problem with (although I know it won't be easy getting up to 10k stamina) what I'm more concerned about is the general strength and endurance required for the 30 obstacles designed by Special Forces!!