b) have just eaten a meal

other than that, exercise when you want
  • hunnymische
    Options
    thanks for the answers. big help. :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found this topic. I have been wanting to work out after dinner because it takes up so much time during the day and I can't get much done. I have more time in the evening. I am never motivated much to do it in the mornings and I have to force myself to do it. I am thinking of maybe doing a 2 mile walk in the mid morning and another mile or two in the evenings. Plus my dinners are my biggest meal of the day. I am not big on eating much during the day so when I burn that off, I end up wanting to snack because I get too hungry.
  • Steve_Rance
    Options
    Exercising at night is ridiculous.

It's dark and you bump into stuff :sad:
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You need to find what works for you and your lifestyle, if evening exercise if what works for you then that's when you should do it. It is still benefitting you no matter what time of day you do it.

I work full time and have a 3-year old daughter so I have to wait until she goes to bed most days so I can workout, which usually means it a slot of 8-9pm for me. I used to get up at 5.30am to do it before work but now I find i'd rather have my sleep and workout later.

I now feel my performance is much better by working out later when I have all the day's calories for fuel and then I sleep like a baby after a hot shower :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have an insanely long drive to/from work so I get my exercise in where I can. Now that I'm not marathon training, I'm exercising shorter sessions. I am starting to exercise after my daughter goes to be like I used to before I switched jobs, we'll see how that works out.

Weekends, I still get up waaaay to early so I can be done with my runs before everyone wakes up. When my weekend runs were over 12 miles, that meant super early. I was getting up with the sun, having a 1/2 cup of coffee and hitting the road/trails.

Differing times made no difference. The only thing I keep in mind about time, is not exercising until I've had time to digest food. Running right after eating SUCKS
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the evening, pretty much when I get the time to. I will suggest this, though. I have found that if I do not take a potassium supplement, I have a bigger tendency for leg cramps at night if I work out in the evening, than if I work out in the morning. Just a small piece of advice. Also...helps me to sleep better (as long as I don't have leg cramps...lol)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Exercising right before you sleep does cut the benefit down ... a bit. But it certainly doesn't destroy the benefits of it. If exercising at night is really the only time you can make for it then there is no reason to think you wont get anything out of it.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fit it in when you can.
  • cottonta1l
    cottonta1l Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine! I most often exercise at night just because I prefer it. I tend to have too much energy at night and not during the day so it works for me and I've never had any problems with it. But I do always eat something afterwards, even if it's really late.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'd say that anytime you excercise is a good time. It beats the alternative which is not excercising at all...
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Nope, its not bad, unless you find it causes you to have a hard time falling asleep or something.

^^This
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I did it last night from 9:55 to 11:00 pm. Went home, crawled into the shower and crawled into bed. I feels good today.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    hey guys. exercise has been a challenge for me for almost a week already because i have no one to look after my 2-month old baby during the day. I was thinking if i can do my cardio exercise before dinner time (between 6-8 PM).

Your thoughts please. :flowerforyou:

Lord I hope not!
    Many times I don't even make it to the gym until after 8:00pm and it's not unusual for me to not get home until after 10:00pm. My body doesn't seem to mind the evening workouts, actually I think it works better for me, and the bonus is that when you come home tired you tend to sleep well!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As a slight aside, since your baby is still small, look up some youtube videos on babywearing exercises. If you have any type of baby carrier, Ergo, or even a very affordable infantino mei tai, there are so many home exercises you can do with baby :)