Struggling to meet my daily calories

Options
I am really struggling to meet my daily calories. Is there such a thing as low fat/high protein/high calorie foods? And if so, what are they?

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Lentils are high protein/Low fat and 100g of dry red lentils is just over 300 calories.

or eat a cookie.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories. Is there such a thing as low fat/high protein/high calorie foods? And if so, what are they?

Protein shakes tuna. Egg whites .. . .

Obv the number of calories is a function of the C/F/P make up - if carb content doesn't bother you you can try weight gainer shakes. I 'Bake" with my protein powder so can get high Protein muffins and pancakes etc. . . .

try the web site
    www.eatthismuch.com
    where it can generate a daily meal plan for you based on Calories and Macro target!
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

If you're struggling to meet your daily calories, why are you worried about "low fat" foods?

Not being snarky, just genuinely curious...fat is super important and a good way to get in calories.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

low fat is a horribly way to live. Worst fad diet to happen to this country.

Why are you eating low fat?

Eat ice cream and oreo's.

And all the chicken eggs and veggies you can stomach.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    chicken breast
    fish
    greek yogurt
    egg whites
    cottage cheese
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    How?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was adding some high fat versions of my favorite foods. I couldn't do milk because I don't like full fat, but I upped it to 2% instead of skim.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fat is good-- avocado, nuts, hemp seeds,
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese?

I'll go you one further - a no-fat, low sodium, low-sugar, high calorie item!!! Let me know if you find that monster.
  • luckycatfitness
    luckycatfitness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This shake gives you around 1500 calories in about 750ml:

2 bananas
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp honey
    100g oats
    100g cottage cheese or greek yoghurt
    2 scoops unflavored protein powder
    add almond milk to preferred thickness

I actually stopped making it because it gave me way too many calories after all my other meals, but if I miss meals this would be ideal - it tastes really rich and filling.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    eat more calories just add healthy high calorie fats.. olive oil and nuts and nut butters. that should do it.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Just eat peanutbutter.

1342060005126_4328123_zpsstcscyhg.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just eat peanutbutter.

1342060005126_4328123_zpsstcscyhg.png

QFT
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat sometimes...not that I am trying to gain...just maintain.

I have to take my own advice which is

don't eat low/non fat items, add in calorie dense items such as avocado, whole eggs instead of egg whites, bacon, fruit etc.

I am not a fan of peanut butter myself or reg fat milk or even 2%...so I don't do that.

It can be hard to get out of that mindset tho, it's an automatic thing to reach for the light mayo...or low fat cheese.

Oh cook seafood/fish in bacon fat that's my fav.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories

How did you become overweight then? (Not that it's my opinion you're overweight. Just simply a conclusion drawn by the fact your ticker indicates you wish to lose weight.)

the gaining weight forum is a good place to ask this question. Esp when people change their eating habits...or restrict because they think food is bad.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Shoot, last night, I realized I had not eaten enough protein and I just grabbed a chicken leg from the fridge and ate it. And the rest of the protein bar I had left next to it.

Keep boiled eggs in the fridge and low fat cheese sticks if you're so worried about fat (which you shouldn't be.)
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

2 bananas
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp honey
    100g oats

I actually stopped making it because it gave me way too many calories after all my other meals, but if I miss meals this would be ideal - it tastes really rich and filling.

I'm gonna have to try that. I don't think I have ever seen a unflavored protein powder though. The two powders I have are choco-crap and choco-slime.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options

2 bananas
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp honey
    100g oats

I'm gonna have to try that. I don't think I have ever seen a unflavored protein powder though. The two powders I have are choco-crap and choco-slime.

Vanilla?
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories

How did you become overweight then? (Not that it's my opinion you're overweight. Just simply a conclusion drawn by the fact your ticker indicates you wish to lose weight.)

This is in the gaining weight forum.