doing everything right and not losing weight...

Options
i know a lot of people deal with this, and someone from another post shared this link. it's a blog from a girl on a different weightloss site (spark people) and i think everyone on here will find it *very* insightful. pass it around!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is one of the greatest illustrations I have ever seen. It made me feel much better. Thanks
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    That's insane, thanks so much for sharing. Makes me feel better about getting on the scale and not seeing the numbers drop like I would like to.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much, I will be sharing that!:smile:
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW!! Now I really know to go by measurements rather than weight!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I loved it!!!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. This is SO nice to see! This is the beginning of my 3rd week here and I lost a lot the first week but have lost nothing since...BUT my body is showing a huge difference from when I started. Trying not to get discouraged but it's hard when you see the number stay the same after you are doing everything right!! Again, thank you!!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. This is SO nice to see! This is the beginning of my 3rd week here and I lost a lot the first week but have lost nothing since...BUT my body is showing a huge difference from when I started. Trying not to get discouraged but it's hard when you see the number stay the same after you are doing everything right!! Again, thank you!!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Wow....that's motivating to work out.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That's a great blog! I know sometimes I get really wrapped up in the number on the scale too. It's nice to see that sometimes that number on the scale really doesn't matter.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    That's an eye opener for sure! Thanks for sharing! I've only relied on the scale so far; haven't taken pictures or measurements. But, this blog makes me want to take some pics! (I may never post them.... but, I'd like to see the changes!) :bigsmile:
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WOW, she looks amazing! It can be hard to not 'lose' weight each week, but she's right, there is such a difference in fitness that it doesn't matter what the scale says! Thank you so much for posting that link...I'm usually 'weary' of clicking on sites (never know if it is a virus or not, but this was totally worth it!)

I hope I can take pictures like that someday!!!
  • Wife19
    Wife19 Posts: 5
    Options
    OMG!! I hate the scale! I knew I alwasy hated it, but now I really hate it!!!
    That is amazing! Let's all keep up the good work :)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is great! Thanks for sharing that. Makes me feel a little better about being stuck at the same weight for 6 months now. All my hard work has not been for nothing.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    I would still go insane! I have 81 pounds to loose...It would be weird to experience that...of course I am a size 18 now and the smallest Iv ever been as an adult was an almost 14..I would love to be a 10/12!! Baby Steps though!!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I needed to read something like this today!
  • smash0719
    Options
    Interesting! Thanks for the post!
  • CJPellerin
    Options
    I soooo needed this. Thank you so much for posting it. I was just grumbling this morning to my husband about this very same thing. I weigh myself every stinking morning (because I'm a scale addict I suppose). For a while that was a great motivation tool for me. Now, I feel stuck. I am doing everything the way that I should, but my weight does this 1/2 lb up or down thing daily!!!! Everyone at work keeps asking how much Ive lost on a weekly basis because they say my body looks different (and my clothes feel different), but the truth is I haven't really lost anything major in well over a week! I've always heard that muscle weighs more than fat and that you need lean muscle to lose fat. This is great proof of that very statement. Again, thank you so much for posting it =)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing that. That girl is amazing and I'm really glad she posted that up for us all!!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!