YL Essential Oils

Options
NOTE: I do not sale this product, never have and never will. I only bought it originally to help a friend out. :)

Anyone else use YL Essential Oils?

I have lemon, peppermint, and the Slique tea. I have been off and on with the lemon in my water but read an interesting article about lemon being a natural diuretic so I plan on adding it in several times during the day. It actually doesn't taste bad.

The peppermint is supposed to help in weight loss too but honestly I can't stand the taste so I use it to spray for spiders around my house. Haha. Kind of a pricey insecticide but it makes my house smell good and natural is always best. Anyone tried it in the capsules?

And finally the Slique tea. Love that I can drink it later in the afternoons and get an energy boost and help control those afternoon cravings. Hate the taste. Serioulsy I bought a box of 25 over two months ago. I've got 20 packs left. Even adding lemon and honey it isn't for me. I'm one of the few Southerns who just doesn't like tea that much in general. Anyone tried the Slique oil?

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My crazy coworker sells this stuff. I have a low opinion of it after she told me I could rub one of them on my stomach to melt belly fat.
    And that my boss who had an alergic reaction to it clearly wasn't an alergic reaction because it's "Natural" and therefore impossible to be allergic. The red splotchy skin is just toxins leaving your body.
    Right.

They're oils. That smell good. If smelling them in the air have a calming effect on you, you can get cheaper ones. I really don't believe ingesting them is good for you or practical or anything at all.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I would caution you to read some stuff NOT written by YLO before continuing to ingest them.

That said, I use essential oils all the time, in a manner I consider safe :)
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My crazy coworker sells this stuff. I have a low opinion of it after she told me I could rub one of them on my stomach to melt belly fat.
    And that my boss who had an alergic reaction to it clearly wasn't an alergic reaction because it's "Natural" and therefore impossible to be allergic. The red splotchy skin is just toxins leaving your body.
    Right.

They're oils. That smell good. If smelling them in the air have a calming effect on you, you can get cheaper ones. I really don't believe ingesting them is good for you or practical or anything at all.

The term "crazy" seems to fit well. Most people who use them say they aren't a magic bullet. Just a natural way to bring healing for some things.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did a good bit of research on the lemon oil since it is the one I use the most. Everything I have read says it is safe. Honestly I probably won't buy anymore. It is pricy and adding lemons to my water can give the same effect I have read.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    I use essential oils quite a bit, but I do not ingest them. For me, I enjoy their benefits usually in a bath or in a diffuser to make my home smell nice. I do believe in the effects of aromatherapy or making the air fresher, but I certainly don't see how rubbing them on your skin or ingesting them is a miracle cure.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use essential oils, but I don't buy them from MLM places. Too pricey for me.

I use the lemon when I clean my kitchen because it smells good. I use grapefruit in my water with workouts because it tastes good. Birch oil for sore muscles and use a "breathe" blend in a diffuser if sniffles pop up in the house. Does it solve sniffles? No, but neither does vapo rub, but it sure helps.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    and here I am stuck using non-essential oils like a sucker. :(
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    and here I am stuck using non-essential oils like a sucker. :(

Sucker!!!!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of EE. There isn't a heck of a lot of evidence surrounding them. Plus, why put a tiny drop of lemon oil in water to do whatever it is they claim it does when a slice of lemon will grant more of the "oil" for much cheaper?
  • kCalCrusher
    kCalCrusher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did a good bit of research on the lemon oil since it is the one I use the most. Everything I have read says it is safe. Honestly I probably won't buy anymore. It is pricy and adding lemons to my water can give the same effect I have read.

Can't you just slice up a lemon and put in water? Seems like it would be the most natural alternative and a lot cheaper. Cucumber is another good one.. throw a few slices in your water- you would be amazed!

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I got some cheap peppermint oil at the grocery and some cheap cinnamon and I smeared the oil around the door and sprinkled the cinnamon in front of the door and the ants never came in again. I have no idea whether that oil was essential since I didn't ever try it without the cinnamon.

And I spent a fortune on perfume oils but that's different :)