TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!

Options

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Add friends that keep you both entertained and informed, preferably like minded people. Don't add friends just to have a high friend count, but keep a list of people that you can relate with as well as become interested in and interact with.

Logging into MFP both on the phone app and as a tab open in my browser is just as much part of my day as is facebook and twitter. I may not always log my food or exercise, but I still log in because I'm interested in my friends. This keeps me up to date with whatever craziness they're posting in the forums and what shows up on my wall feed.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This...I started with the computer and it's harder, but the phone app makes it much easier. I plan what I can eat by how much I got left!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    942 days here.
    My phone is all I use. I think that works to my benefit.
    I am stubborn too that might have something to do with it too.

Yes, yes she is... ^ ^ ^. LoL

Zip it skippy!!
    Bahahahahaha
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It just becomes a habit. I use it daily to log plus I have some awesome friends so it's nice to keep up with their posts.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is like a routine for me, I lost my streak when I went on vacation,
  • theswayway
    theswayway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here but so far I love it. Before it seemed like the calories I ate didn't count or the exercises I didn't do wasn't really matter, however I was still slowly gaining. Now I am always aware of ever single calorie I eat and burn. Really great website and app.
  • northwoods1111
    northwoods1111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I started I committed to a few simple changes:
    Log all food on MFP (I tried a number of apps) and this one was the best
    Wear a pedometer to track my activity
    Weigh myself regularly (but not obsessively)

I'm not concerned with streaks (have lost them when I thought I'd logged in, and not lost them when I didn't think I had).
    I decided that I would be happy with SLOW loss-no quick fixes-and this has been the best strategy. I have lost slowly, plateaued, gained a bit and then gotten back on track. I have given myself time-because I'm doing it for the long haul.

Recent upgrades to MFP have made it even better. The phone app keeps getting better, and I just discovered the recipe importer. These tools help keep me motivated.

The other motivation is that I'm a cheapskate. I'm losing weight and not paying money to any group.

I like the idea of using MFP as the home page on Google Chrome. I'm going to make that change today. Thanks everyone for all of the good ideas.

Good luck!
  • katieai
    katieai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the reminders turned on via the iPhone app. If I haven't logged breakfast before 11 am, I get a notification. Same thing if I haven't logged dinner by like 7 pm. I can be forgetful, so this is what keeps me accountable.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Do it. Every day.
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    I have the site open up automatically during my computer's start up sequence.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Discipline!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, just checking the forums keeps a login streak going. The only times I haven't been able to login is when my internet was down for longer than a day. If that's all you care about, that's all you've got to do.

As for logging all my foods, it's become a habit. I really have no life away from home, so there's no excuse/reason keeping me away from the computer (aside from electrical and internet outages). There's no secret. You either do it or you don't.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It just becomes a habit like anything else and is part of my daily routine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it is how I lost my weight and how I maintain it now...it's normal, it's part of everyday...

wake up...click on MFP on my laptop.

I lost my first streak at the cottage...no internet....
    2nd one in DR...no internet and wasn't planning on logging anyway
    now on my 3rd which may disappear this weekend...camping may not have access

but I logged it already.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it's a number of things. I have friends on here that I like to chat with. I like to read forum threads. I like to see what my friends do for their workouts. I like getting pats on the back from when I complete my diary. It's almost to a point where I like my MFP friends more than my facebook friends. :laugh:

But if it's a "logging my food" issue, then yes, that just comes from making it a habit.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You need to make yourself go on and log your food every day even when you don't feel like it. There are going to be days where you feel lazy and those are the times you really need to make yourself do it. It's especially helpful if you have set times of day where you go on (lunch break, before bed) so it becomes part of your daily routine.
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just what everyone has said. This has been about breaking bad habits and creating new ones for me. I make sure I track my bad days too or I'm in denial that doughnut ever existed and it becomes 2 or.....even 3!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't like my streak to be too big. Isn't that weird? If it gets around 25 I start to feel like maintaining it is too much pressure and I skip a day. I also changed my settings so my streaks aren't posted in my news feed. I just can't do it.
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    I eat the same thing every single day so I only had to track one day lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!