If you have PCOS or are on Metformin come in!!

Options
13»

Replies

• siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i'm Transgender, FTM & was diagnosed with pcos back in 2007...opted not to take estrogen etc because i figured that i would eventually want to go on testosterone as my hormone replacement therapy...which i started almost 2 years ago. however, i have 0 sex drive now...not even a mental interest *sigh* It's been gone for about a year now & the endo is absolutely stumped. Usually taking T will boost your sex drive and it did for the first 6-8months but then it just ...disappeared. it's frustrating ...but i suppose at least i'm still able to lose weight this time. hopefully i'll start being able to get some muscle built up afterwards & magically my sex drive will return?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm on 500mg twice a day. I'm not diagnosed PCOS because I couldn't get a Dr to look into it seriously. One just measured my belly and hips and said PCOS is hard to diagnose and usually from higher waist to hip ratio. Which mine are balanced. But I've had irregular cycles since they started at 13 and many other symptoms but no known ovarian cysts of course I've only had them checked ONCE when I was miscarrying many years ago.

Ugh. Find a new doc. srs. I had a doc once tell me that there was no way I had PCOS b/c I wasn't morbidly obese and my hair wasn't falling out. No bloodwork, no u/s, nothing. Found a new doc who did u/s and b/w, although he firmly believed that I had it before even getting the results, based on many of my symptoms. Good luck
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    also, if looking for motivation, here is an interview w/ a fitness competitor with PCOS: http://www.cutandjacked.com/Interview-Tamika-Webber
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bumpy bump
  • nikig2080
    nikig2080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. I've had ovarian cysts since I was 18 years old. My hormones have always been whack in and for the past few years I've been 200lbs overweight with no sex drive or feeling in my genitals. My PCP always told me it was all related to my weight but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't lose it. So, I asked to be sent to a Endocrinologist and he drew labs. It came back saying I had High T levels and extremely low estrogen levels. I've started Metformin a few weeks ago and I have lost 15 pounds. My energy is coming back. I'm also extremely horny. It's like am a teenager again. I can't get enough. Has anyone else had the same results?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 20 years ago. I also have other metabolic problems. I've been on a high dose of Metformin for many years--at least 10, I think.

I have a ridiculously high sex drive, even at age 40, even though I have had a hysterectomy. Like wear out 20-year-olds kind of problematically high...

There shouldn't be any connection between the two. In fact, if you do have PCOS, you would have slightly elevated testosterone, which could contribute to an increased sex drive.

You do need to get a proper diagnosis. See an endocrinologist or a GYN who specializes in reproductive endocrinology. Other types of doctors should not be prescribing Metformin.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    For those of you have stomach problems--see if you can try the extended release. It tends to be much better tolerated.