breakfast

Options
i need some ideas on what to cook for breakfast that will fill me up. =)
so what does the community of MFP usually eat for breakfast. :tongue:

Replies

• spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Egg white Omelette with Cheese and Spinach. Although I did try Kashi go lean Cereal Last week Very Very Filling.
  • DenShort
    Options
    porridge made with skimmed milk and water. i also cook an apple in the microwave with some cinnamon and splenda to add to it - really filling!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    my breakfast this morning sausages , eggs and beans! i have this on mornings i'm going to a class later... love it
  • Sheila62
    Sheila62 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I find that eggs or porridge keep me full till lunchtime:happy:
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oats with half a banana and sultanas in (I also eat the other half of the banana ;) lol), a pint of water and a nutrigrain bar normally sorts me out.
  • carmen62
    Options
    Double smoked ham omelette. I use the yolks but you could do the egg white thing. Such a quick thing to cook.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Protein drink after the morning run, 1 nanner, 1 low fat yogurt and half a clif energy bar. Great start to the day and offsetting the run cals burned I'm still 400-500 cals in the hole.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a little granola sprinkled on top and sometimes frozen blueberries.

1 egg scrambled with lots of veggies (mushroom, onions, spinach...stuff like that) and 1/2 ounce of cheese. filling and usually less than 200 calories when cooked in a little olive oil.

melted cheese on a multigrain english muffin (150 calories for the EM, another 100 for an ounce of cheese)

piece of toast w/ a measured qty of sunflower butter (sunbutter) and a small amount of jelly

those are my usuals. I usually have 2 of the 3 to equal up to 400 calories and vary the qty of yogurt depending on what else I eat.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1 poached egg, 2 turkey rashers and 1 slice wholemeal tost, comes in at about 250 cals . Otherwise I have special K or porrige, maybe with some berries.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone, I love eggs. But because my Dad ate the last one and I am in a standoff of who will buy the next ones, I am eating Cornflakes, skim milk, with a tonne of berries in it. I know it isn't 'natural blahblahblah', but it is 110 calories and won't kill me immediately.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wasa rye crackers with light peanut butter and banana, this keeps me full for a while and it always feels like a real treat! Its delicious.

bowl of cereal - half fruit and fibre and half all bran, good filling start to the day and packed with fibre!

Porridge made with water and skimmed milk topped with banana or blueberries, keeps me going if im planing a mid morning run! Great fuel!
  • chrish1981
    Options
    1.5 cups of Cheerios with 1/2 a banana and 3/8 cup of vanilla almond milk. Yum!
  • kay43026
    Options
    I'm currently not eating sugar and grains. My breakfast this morning was a 2 egg mushroom/cheese omelet with 2 pieces of bacon. I will barely be hungry at lunch time. Protein REALLY fills me up.
  • ElsieMae
    Options
    I always had a problem eating breakfest , but I find if I eat protein it helps , I try to eat 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon , and a snack mid morning , not because I am hungry ,my doctor tells me to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks , so I find it helps , I am trying to stay away from bread , I could it a loaf a day ,
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Krunch (Almond Flax) w/Silk Pure Almond or Tuna Melt w/Provolone cheese on 100% Whole Wheat (Tuna in a Pouch is the best)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I eat:
    2 boiled eggs, white only (one yolk if I am really hungry) along with whole wheat toast with a light spread or peanut butter OR
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with low fat milk OR
    Better Oats (Apple and Cinnamon) Oatmeal - ALL NATURAL AND GOOD FOR YOU OR
    Egg White Omelet with lots of veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach) little or no cheese

On the weekends, I might throw in some turkey bacon or turkey sausage.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is Kashi Go-Lean cereal or Cascadian Farm granola with one Activia yogurt and a no sugar added peach fruit cup. Sprinkle some cinnamon on there, and it's delicious!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    whole grain oatmeal with a tbsp. of honey......warms you from the inside out......keeps me full for at least four hours.
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    thanks everyone who has replied. these all sound very good. :)
  • brookalina
    Options
    I eat a 1/2 a cup of Kashi cereal w/ half a cup skim milk with a banana either cut up and added to the cereal or the banana on the side. It fills me up for a few hours at the least. I also drink some coffee too.