Finally Below 400 !!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    That's amazing- congratulations and happy birthday! Thank you for posting- you story is definitely inspirational!
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well done brother
  • leska53
    leska53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've earned the right to brag on yourself! :smile:
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that you can reach your goals. It's a wonderful accomplishment so far, and I'm so happy for you!
  • all4grays
    Options
    Please feel free to brag!! You have worked hard to get to where you are and should feel a huge sense of pride in what you have done! Keep up the good work my friend - you've got this!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I'm so insanely proud of you!! Brag.... You deserve it. Well done. Keep rocking it.
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Wonderful progress - great job!
  • cch200
    cch200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Below is the post I did several months ago when I started my quest to get healthy. Its been a little over a year now and I'm at my goal weight and fighting everyday to maintain it. I'd be more than happy to help you through your journey and maybe let so know some of the mistakes and good thing I did during my journey. Which by the way is never over, even when you hit goal. You can do it , I just made a commitment that every day, every thing that went in my mouth went on MFP. First tip: Over estimate your calories and under estimate your exercise. Hang in there and friend me if you would like. CCH200, Steve

\ Death, Bariatric Surgery, or My fitness pal

choose MFP !!

On 7/17/2013 I was 397.6 pounds, with high blood pressure, swelling joints, COPD, and facing Bariatric surgery. I was a time bomb of bad health. To prepare for surgery, I was introduced to MyFitnessPal and told to lose at least 27 pounds, before the operation. Being a lifelong dieter, I never thought I could count calories or measure my food. But I vowed to put down everything that went in my mouth on MFP. The pounds started to come off, the first surgery date passed, and then the second, and then I finally cancelled the surgery all together. Today 2/26/2014, I have lost 111 lbs. Dropped 2 of 3 high blood pressure pills, and am in better health than I’ve been in for a long time.
    Along with the diet, I started to ride a bicycle due to being unable to walk far with a recent hip replacement. The first day I rode only 3 blocks, then that increased slowly as the weight dropped off. Now I ride 10 to 12 miles a day at blazing speeds and go crazy if the weather or something else makes me miss a day. It helps me lose, keeps me motivated to stay fit and has become an intricate part of MyFitnessPal program. My new body has even allowed me to wear some of those tight fitting bike clothes that a few months ago I would not be caught dead in.
    Thank you MyFitnessPal and all my friends and supporters !!!!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your well-earned success story! Brag away, you've been working hard :)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and brag- you accomplished your goal! That's always something to celebrate ... just not with cake ;)

I can't wait to hear more from you as you reach your next goal. Keep up the good work.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, and congrats!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and Congrats! Awesome birthday gift to yourself. I look forward to your post on your next birthday gift :drinker:
  • Carlauniv
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you! Keep up the GREAT WORK! You are a ROCK STAR!!!:smile:
  • dlcshow
    dlcshow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Super!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!