What has your weight loss done for you/your overall health?

Options

Replies

• JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @all - I love reading these stories

I have only lost 14 lbs but already

My closet has "doubled" because I have old clothes I can fit back into!

Hey, 14 is nothing to sneer at! Good for you! And it's always wonderful to fit into those old clothes, isn't it? It's like having new clothes all over again.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oops.... Misfire...
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm off blood pressure meds, my resting heart rate is high-40s to mid-50s, and I generally sleep better.

Definitely worth it!
  • kenphelan
    Options
    Great topic!

Inspirational stories in this thread! :smile:

I've had a few success's including:

moving from the ranks of obese to overweight
    moving from living with type 2 diabetes to being post diabetic
    moving from a resting HR of high 70's - low 80's to low 60's - high 50's
    the 'recovery HR' from exercising is much more rapid

Those are a few of the concrete verifiable results. There really is so much more.
  • secwife47
    secwife47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Its improved my smile. I actually stop and look in the mirror. I have a lot to go yet. But for the first time in my life I think I got this! And my blood pressure has gone down. Looking forward to getting off the pills.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My heart rate has dropped. I checked it now and came back with 52. Other than that, I'm still a fat woman with HBP and high cholesterol.
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Went from having my sugar fall into a borderline diabetic range to now a normal range. Blood pressure is getting better and I had fatty liver but that is gone too. Asthma has improved as well. I also recovered faster from a back surgery I had this January, I went from not being able to walk at all to walking almost 3 miles a day in less than 6 months. I am sleeping so much better!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I went from being an insulin dependent diabetic to being totally free of all meds for diabetes. I can walk around without getting back pain. I no longer have sleep apnea. Losing the weight is the best decision i have made in a long time. Everything is better for me :smile:
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have much more energy throughout the day.
    I am off BP medication.
    No more hemorrhoids nagging me.
    I do not snore anymore.
    I can bike, no belly in the way.
    I walk way faster and for longer periods of time.
    I can jog, if I want, without fear of ridicule.
    So far, no more knee or back soreness.

But I can't float as well... Isn't it sad?
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    More comfortable in my clothes
    Everything just feels like...less work
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

No... no it's not!!
    Honey if floating is your biggest worry I'll send you a raft!
    Your progress is astounding!
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the healthiest blood pressure, blood cholesterol, blood sugar, in my entire family, even my family who have been thin their entire life.

I stopped having to wear Knee Braces when exercising, even during extreme exercise.

I've increased my endurance.

I sleep better than ever.

And sex is better, also, I get more options!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Who says that the forums are all mean, snarky, and negative

This post rocks! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • truemar1963
    truemar1963 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 years old and feel great.I am no longer diabetic...I was diagnosed with type 2 in 2004,and was able to manage with a low G.I. diet.I was working then and did'nt get much exercise..I must have been eating too much of the good stuff,because I was gaining weight.My doctor told me about MFP.so I gave it a go. Since I joined in June 2013...and walking 6 to10ks a day 7 days a week I've lost 17kilo or 37 lbs...I know a lot of people lose more and faster...But I am very happy with my loss..I dont care how long it takes to reach goa...l because I am healthy,happy and able to be more active! Life is good!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am no longer on any insulin (was on 66 units a day)
    Cholesterol is 85. (used to be on meds to lower cholesterol
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I am no longer on any insulin (was on 66 units a day)
    Cholesterol is 85. (used to be on meds to lower cholesterol

@whovian - This totally rocks! :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I'm 70 years old and feel great.I am no longer diabetic...I was diagnosed with type 2 in 2004,and was able to manage with a low G.I. diet.I was working then and did'nt get much exercise..I must have been eating too much of the good stuff,because I was gaining weight.My doctor told me about MFP.so I gave it a go. Since I joined in June 2013...and walking 6 to10ks a day 7 days a week I've lost 17kilo or 37 lbs...I know a lot of people lose more and faster...But I am very happy with my loss..I dont care how long it takes to reach goa...l because I am healthy,happy and able to be more active! Life is good!

@truemar - This is inspirational! :smile:
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer diabetic. Was diagnosed in 2012 with T2 and a hba1c of 10+. Have sinced stopped medication, and my hba1c after 4 months without medication is 5.0 which is smack in the middle of the normal range.

You are my hero! I was diagnosed with a A1C of 6.7 and I n 3 months I got it down to 6.0 and two months later my sugar is almost in the normal range but still have a lot if weight to lose.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options

LMAO... the first time I went in a pool after the weight loss, I sank like a stone - I wasn't quite expecting that :) apparently my swimming ability was linked to my buoyancy so one of the things I need to do is relearn how to swim
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Were do I begin...my last doctor visit about a week ago showed my blood pressure was excellent! I walk up to 4 miles; bike ride up to 7 miles; swim from post to post & 3 to 4 times back and forth to the sandbar (don't know how far that is but those days I always loose a pound +); I left weights; I don't have shooting pains coming up my feet & ankles; my knees don't hurt; my feet & legs don't get swollen like they use to; I don't get out of breath doing any kind of normal activities; I can dance again; I don't nap during the day; don't have to rest after regular exercise; my back doesn't hurt from standing for short or long periods of time anymore; I have a whole new slimmer wardrobe (thank God I can sew, which saved lost of $!); I have boundless confidence; I now know I can take charge of things; I have peace of mind, not fretting over dying from overweight issues; I can play with my grandchildren again; I have vision of a brighter future; I'm an example and leading others to get fit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!