Looking for friends who are parenting teens. I have

Options
found there is a lot of stress eating in my life that revolves around my kids, most particularly the younger one who has oppositional defiance disorder. (I checked for groups, but they seem pretty dormant.)

So if you are in a similar boat, I would love for you to add me. :^D

Replies

• ArmyofMom
    ArmyofMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am parenting a teen who has being a teen disorder. I feel ya sister. I am adding you now.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • ArmyofMom
    ArmyofMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Thank you for adding me.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    My boys are 15, 12 and 9...give me a few years!!! Feel free to add me!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 13 yr old girl here!
  • Kelly_May88
    Kelly_May88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I raised my step son (bio mother no where to be seen) from 3 months old well into his teens (until his father and I split). He was high functioning autistic with ADHD and ODD, I also have my own children and the oldest is a 16yr old girl who also has the 'being a teen' disorder lol. I get the stress eating. Happy to chat :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I lived through the devil, literally I thought that boy would be the death of me. Now he's 22 and NOT my problem!
    I have the 14 year old girl left (so far so good), but I too Hear you sister!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, I just came in here to commend those of you with teens. The shop I work in hires a teen to "help" me in the afternoon and it's like herding a cat. Seriously, bless you all for dealing with that day in, day out. I'd fake my death and move to Bora Bora.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    U crack me up ????thanks for the laugh!
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old daughter is home from uni for the summer . I don't over eat so much but Pino Grigio has a certain appeal ! LOL
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 4 "teens" 22, 20, 18, & 16 / 2 girls 2 boys. I have been known to drive through Hell on occasion because the scenery is prettier than in my house somedays!

While they are trying at times, I wouldn't change a thing. My youngest daughter and oldest son have severe Chrones, and my youngest son and oldest daughter are currently serving their country, so stress is an old friend.

USE that stress energy to motivate you, working out is a perfect way to "let go" of some of the emotional punishment! Feel free to add me!