Run Run Run!

Options
So, I have a half in October (my 3rd) and despite 2 hefty injuries this winter/spring I am hoping to PR :)

Anyone else running a big race in the fall, and do you have a goal in mind?

EXCITING!

...I am running the CLE RocknRoll half and want to hit 1:55 :)

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a 10k scheduled for September, but its really just a part of my training for my first 1/2 in January!

Right now I am suffering from plantar fasciitis, which I hope is gone by the time I start my training September 1 :(
    My only goal for the 1/2 is to finish, lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    CHaD Hero Half.
    Itll be my 2nd half.
    First was November 2012. I was out a lot of 2013 due to PF syndrome in both knees and tendonitis.

Previous time was 2:6:42.5.
    Aiming for sub-2.

I have a 5k on Saturday.
    Hoping to place top 3 for female finishers - ive been top 10 a lot recently.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've got the Boston Athletic Association HM on October 12th. It's my 7th half, I think. My pr is 2:06:00. I'm shooting for 2:00.

After that i have the Manchester City Marathon in Manchester, NH on November 2. My first full!!! If I make the 2:00:00 HM time, I'll publicly declare 4:13:00 as my target marathon time. If not it stays at 4:25:00.
  • ARNJMN
    ARNJMN Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How awesome! I hope to hear that training is going well down the road :) (And, those of you who have "shorter" races soon, you'll have to let us know how you did!)
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm running Ottawa Army Run half marathon in September and my goal is 1:41 (current PR is 1:45).
    I'm running Toronto Waterfront marathon in October and my goal is sub 3:35 for a Boston Qualifying time (current PR is 3:49).

Training hasn't been going that well but I'm hoping it's the heat and humidity that's slowing me down and that I'll be faster by the fall. If not well my goals will be to at least PR both races by a couple seconds lol
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My first half is on Sunday, hoping to break 2hr. I would call it a big race but more of a timed fun run with about 300 runners doing various distances from 5K to full marathon. Just need to get a half marathon out of the way so I can focus on hill running in preparation for Conquer the Bridge.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have a 26.2+ mile obstacle course race in 6 weeks.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have a 10k scheduled for September, but its really just a part of my training for my first 1/2 in January!

Right now I am suffering from plantar fasciitis, which I hope is gone by the time I start my training September 1 :(
    My only goal for the 1/2 is to finish, lol

Unfortunately PF never goes away.

My husband had it a few years back when we were training for a half and he continued to run on it and it got SO bad he had to get cortizone shots. It put him out of running for over a year. Even now it flares up. :(
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I've got a half in 11 days, another half in Sep, and a full the first of Nov. Looking for 1:53, 1:50, and 4:00 respectively. Next year's goal is to get my full down to 3:30 so I can go to Boston.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    10 miler in sept: beat 1:10:00

26.2 in November: 3:15:00

Boston marathon in April...toying with a goal of 3:05 but going to see how city of oaks goes in November.

This Saturday I'm running a 5k and my PR is 19:02....wondering if I can get into those 18s!
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    53346501.jpg
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Untrue. I had it. Got it treated with PT and ART (Active Release Technique) and it's no longer an issue. If you know the right exercises to do, the right shoes to wear and run with the correct form, it can be defeated (you see what I did there?).
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm going to crush the Twin Cities marathon in October
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Untrue. I had it. Got it treated with PT and ART (Active Release Technique) and it's no longer an issue. If you know the right exercises to do, the right shoes to wear and run with the correct form, it can be defeated (you see what I did there?).

thanks for the update! I did some research and have found that is is treatable so I am focusing on stretching, stretching,resting and more stretching. Plus I bought night splints PLUS inserts for shoes. I run 50 miles a month (on top of my 4-5 days a week gym workouts) so I really dont want to be held back by this annoying injury, grrrrrrrr
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have two halves this fall (August 31 and Nov 2), and I'm hoping one will be a PR (under 1:59:00).

I am running my first full marathon this October, and I just want to finish, though between 4:20:00 and 4:30:00 would be ideal. Training has been going well so far, so I'm looking forward to it!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I will be running my first full marathon in October. Goal is to complete it - I am hoping for a 4:30 finish. So far I am doing okay with training - which is good since I hate running in the summer! :laugh:
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Mine went away after a change of shoes. Was using five fingers and loving them, but I guess my arch was too unstable, thereby causing PF as the mileage got higher. Switched to various regular shoes and haven't had it since.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm doing the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon in November at Disneyland.

This will be my third half for the year.

I really want to finish it in under two hours.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Well, I 'm just returning to running after injury, surgery, and now diagnosed ankle arthritis :grumble:

BUT I have a 10k planned for October - Tufts 10k for Women in Boston :drinker:
    And I am planning to attempt a half marathon in November. I haven't decided which one just yet but considering the Manchester City in NH, Seacoast in NH, or the inaugural South Shore in Norwell MA. I've done the seacoast before and it is a really nice course, but Manchester is a little closer. My goal at this point is just to finish, on my own two feet, preferably running, without pain or noticeable limp.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i am training for my first full in december. i have 3 half marathons under my belt. i was ready to push for something bigger. i am on my 7th week. I read once that training for a full marathon can be a life changer. it has been so far. I have quit smoking, i am not afraid of hills as much, all i buy now is more running gear & I gave up my friday happy hours for quiet nights at home looking over my very early saturday morning long distance run route.