Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken (379 calories)

Replies

• Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Bump - yum!
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S
  • BUMP!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    Bump. Will make this next time I buy onion.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Anybody try it yet?
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Anybody try it yet?

Just cooked it for dinner and it went down great. I served it with broccoli and green beans and everyone was coating them in the sauce and scraped their plates clean. More sauce next time for me.

Op, this was delicious and ridiculously easy, thanks for sharing :) Also the macros were spot on until I found out the chicken breasts I had to use were huuuuuge
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    will have to try this
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    bump for later!!! yum!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Yummy!!! Bump for later.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Yum! Always on the lookout for more chicken recipes. Thanks OP!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Bump. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    We made this tonight (with two slight alterations), and it was VERY good. I cooked the green onions in the first step rather than have them raw at the end, and I omitted the cheese on my helping. We had the cheese on his helping, and it was VERY good both with and without the cheese.

Thank you SO much for adding this in here!!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    “Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken”—ha! What a recipe name. But really - honestly, this dish doesn’t have an official name. I just make it. Then I serve it to my hungry crew at home just so I can hear them moan and groan about how good it is. And then, I even eat it myself. And moan and groan.

But for some crazy reason, when I post a recipe here in the forums, I feel like I must give it a designation. And aren’t you impressed??!! Of all the words in the entire English language at my disposal, I pulled “Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken” out of thin air.

Side note: on the surface, this recipe may seem suspiciously similar to many other cheesy bacon chicken recipes here on MFP - but it’s not. It’s very, very, very, very, VERY different. This one has…well, uhh…GARLIC SALT in it, for crying out loud. Cuz I’m all about variety. :)

And now, the recipe:

Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken

neuizb.jpg

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 total)
    Olive oil cooking spray
    1 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
    8 oz. sliced mushrooms
    6 chopped green onions
    6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
    1 1/4 cup chicken stock, divided
    1 cup light sour cream
    1/3 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
    Garlic salt, to taste
    Pepper, to taste

Directions:
    In a large sauté pan combine onions, mushrooms, 1/4 cup chicken stock, garlic salt and pepper. Sauté over low-medium heat for approximately 20 minutes with the lid on until the mushrooms and onions are nice and caramelized (during that time, you need to check them periodically and might need to add a splash more stock, or even water, to keep them cooking and prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan). Meanwhile, coat both sides of the chicken breasts with zero-calorie olive oil cooking spray and in large skillet, pan-sear them until they are cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides. While the chicken is searing, add the remaining chicken stock and light sour cream to the onion and mushroom mixture. Boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low to allow sauce to simmer and thicken (10-15 minutes). Once the chicken is cooked through, plate it, top with sour cream sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and green onions.

Nutrition Info (calculated using MFP Recipe Builder – recipe makes 4 servings):
    Calories – 379
    Protein – 48 g
    Carbs – 14 g
    Fat – 15 g

Wow, this sounds amazing! Definitely giving it a try!
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    This looks and sounds awesome!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    This needs to be in my belly.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    I made this last night with a few modifications.

-I used sharp cheddar instead of mozzarella.
    -No green onion because I forgot it.
    -Accidentally used a little too much stock for the sauce so it didn't thicken. Instead of using cornstarch as a thickener, I served this with rice. I put some rice down, the chicken on top, then the sauce, cheese, and bacon. The rice absorbed a lot of the excess liquid.

I'll be making this again, for sure. It went over really well.
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Resurrecting this for dinner next week! BUMP :drinker:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Yum, sounds delish. In for a Saturday night meal. :tongue:
  • yum!
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    bump