TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!

Options
13»

Replies

• 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Like said before, if you have a smart phone use the app. Most people take the phone wherever they go. Everytime you eat or drink log it. I usually log mine while waiting for the food to arrive or while cooking it. The scan feature is really nice. If you eat a can or frozen dinner or protein drink just use the bar scanner.

I find this very easy. Also, I tend to eat the same stuff alot, and the app brings it up very quickly. The phone app is much easier IMHO to log stuff. If you run you can integrate it easily with MapMyRun. You should also use it to log all your strength training and cardio exercise. It's pretty simple after the first week or two. It remembers all your exercises etc.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I finally just finished 4 months of logging, but i didn't log in every day so I lost my streak.
    I will be honest.. the number "drives" me.

Also to be honest it shows my MFP friends that I am committed.

Most important - I have realized that logging calories is a part of my life now.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Once you decide to log ALL of your food even on the weekend, you will get a streak going. Right now I am only on day 100 but I have been logging in for the last year and a half.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You just have to be consistent. I don't log anymore and have maintained for over a year that way, so my streaks tend to be 2-5 days these days at the most...which is fine, I'm well past the point of needing to really use MFP (I'm here mostly for the socialization at this point)...but when i was losing, I was consistent...I logged everything, everyday save for vacations and what not where I cut myself some slack...and I was still able to drop my 40 Lbs.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was well over 300 days, then life got in the way and I could t log for a couple of days. My sister had an aneurism. Don't stress so much about logging into the site everyday. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Just keep an eye on your calories.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    i consider it an achievement that i don't keep a streak going. It isn't my goal to track every bite of food forever. I log my food to get myself on track and keep myself on track..and the end game is to eat intuitively and only log if I regain a few pounds after maitenence.
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am learning to love myself again :-)
    I am learning to respect myself again:-)
    I am learning to treat myself the way I need to be treated again:-)
    and most importantly
    i am learning i am worthy of all that and so much more!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm a day away from 400 days ;) Just persistence. It's also easy just to log on with my phone once or twice a day even if i'm not filling anything out. :P hacks
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pre-log. (Particularly helpful if you'll be out of internet range for a few days.) I always have the same thing for breakfast, so this is easy. I can add other things later, but I've still logged in.

Create meals. I have a salad everyday. Sometimes it's a little different, but I can add the entire meal, saving myself 7 or 8 clicks and then just change out whatever item is different.

I agree with the suggestion to add it to your home page. It's the 3rd tab on my home page @ work. Can't forget it Mon-Fri!

I also agree with changing the settings to remind you if you haven't logged a meal.

Create a support network - I so enjoy seeing everyone's progress! Rooting on others gives me a lift too!
  • Koofers
    Koofers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am the poster child for quitting/giving up. I've been steadily gaining since I got married and have tried numerous times to start the journey - every single time I failed. No matter how depressed I was with myself I could not get motivated. It just clicked one day a couple months ago and I haven't looked back since.. can't say anything motivated me (besides looking at myself in the mirror, which I was already doing and hating for the past few years), but I'm so thankful it finally hit me.

I'm on day 49 now and I've logged every single day. It's just a habit now. I was so lazy before, I never used the app because I didn't feel like doing all the work, but in all actuality, it really isn't any work. I can't go throughout my day without knowing where I'm at calorie-wise because I've been steadily losing since the day I started and I HAVE to continue that. MFP is just a part of my daily routine now and it's just something that I HAVE to do. I may not work out every single day, but if I don't, I know where I'm at throughout the day with logging. I'm also making new friends along the way who really help motivate me so it's really been such a great help!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I open the app every morning while I brush my teeth. It's helped me get over 645 days so far.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    At some point you keep logging in to keep the number going. Mine is around 300 days and several of those I just logged one or two things, so I guess that's cheating a little.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!