Yay another plateau question

Options
My last three weigh-ins(weekly) are as follows:
164.3lbs
163.8lbs
163.6lbs

Usually, in the past 3 months, I would lose from 1 to 4 pounds a week, 2 being the most common and 4 happening once. I have not changed my calorie goal since starting, I eat 1,500 a day. The last three weeks I have been under A LOT of pressure/stress and ended up moving to a different state on a very short notice(about 1 week) so could that have anything to do with me not losing as much or is it completely unrelated?

Just looking for some opinions and ideas. Thank you =]

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Nope - you're right. That stress is a killer with regards to weight loss. Keep on doing what you're doing.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

Stress sucks too. :/
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My last three weigh-ins(weekly) are as follows:
    164.3lbs
    163.8lbs
    163.6lbs

When did you weigh yourself that last time? Checking your diary, you ate about double your goal on Sunday. Also, MFP tends to overestimate exercise. Also you might want to change up your exercise if you have been doing this for a while.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

Stress sucks too. :/
    I weighed my food religiously back home but now it's EXTREMELY difficult because I'm not the one preparing dinner nor do I have any income to buy the healthy food I usually ate. I still weigh everything else and eyeball my dinner portions which probably isn't the best idea but it's what I'm doing. I try to really overestimate what I eat in my diary.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you have been stressed...your body could be reacting with retaining water...due to cortisol levels being higher than normal due to stress.

Which masks weight loss...which stresses you out...which raises cortisol levels...see the circle..

Don't stress it if you are consistent with your logging and being in goal you will lose your weight...
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    Options
    Thanks guys =] My weigh in day is tomorrow so hopefully I'll see a little change. If it doesn't change in the next 2 weeks I'll look into dropping my calories.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is not a plateau.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    Options
    That is not a plateau.
    Which is why I said I'd wait 2 weeks to change my calories. Thank you. :wink: