Spartan Race

Options
2»

Replies

• Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Burpees... Burpees... and burpees! haha I did my first one in May and felt totally unprepared for it, which i was, and just kept going no matter how much i wanted to stop! As long as you finish (dont give up) and have fun it'll be worth it!! Fair warning, they are addictive!! =)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Don't wear cotton.
  • GeronimoMikk
    GeronimoMikk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The races I've tried were much easier and "fun". I was part of a team as were most runners, in fact solo runners stood out. Are there many individuals racers in the Spartan sprints? I'm joining an upcoming one but won't be in a team.
  • GeronimoMikk
    GeronimoMikk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I've learned that they fib about the distance. The last Sprint I did was actually in the 4.5 to 5 mile range.

For training: burpees, pull-ups, burpees, rope climbs, burpees, spear throws, burpees, carry heavy stuff, burpees, hill sprints, and burpees.

If you're running solo (@geronimomikk), you'll be fine. There are a lot of groups and a lot of singles. If you need help, others will help you.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes, the sprint is easy. Just have fun and give it all you got during the hard part. If you're tired of doing burpees than stop and move on...no one is counting and burpees suck.

Just No. Do your burpees. No one may be counting, but not completing them is cheating, and not actually finishing the race. It cheapens the whole accomplishment.