Eating whole pizza without cheese

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The cheese is, for a large part, salt and fat....bad bad bad. While it is a great dairy item when you are growing as a child, it should be eaten in moderation. Up to you, of course, but I am a professed pizza connoisseur...and have worked at several of these establishments (I currently do, as a matter of fact). Look into just the ingredients of the pizza on MFP, not just a slice of that kind of pizza. I end up having to do that anyway. Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.

you explain two things to me?

1.) why fat is bad?

and

2.) how the holy fak can you be a "pizza connosseur" and say that cheese is bad?

Seriously. Explain your self.
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    While I understand everyone's need to correct whatever anyone else says that they disagree with, cheese is good FOR THE BONES....not for the hips, the heart, or much of anything else. The salt content is alarming, the fat content is equally alarming, and the calorie content is alarming. It is good to eat - for flavor, for taste, especially melted.

I agree to disagree with any/all if need be, simply because I know I LOVE CHEESE, but know the danger of eating it on a more than regular basis.

IT IS MY KRYPTONITE
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love cheese.....can you not tell that? Cheese, however, is the devil. Salt, fat, calories, wonderful flavor, melted it is heaven. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Yes, I am a self-professed pizza connoisseur.....and love all types. But, if you are watching your calories, salt, and fat...which most people on MFP do.....then cheese is not your friend.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I peel the cheese off my pizza (unless it's a very sparse sprinkling of it) because while I love cheese, I hate melted cheese! It tastes yucky, it becomes oily, the texture is slimy, bleurgh. Can't stand it. People call me a weirdo, and I'm Ok with that.

(I put the pepperoni slices back on when I'm done peeling, btw.)
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    After you so brutally mutilated that pizza I'm surprised you even wanted to eat it.
    Dafuq m8
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Look up pizza dough crust for relatively the same size pizza (would've been better if you weighed it) and pizza sauce. Log in MFP.... DONE! mwahahaha
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    While I understand everyone's need to correct whatever anyone else says that they disagree with, cheese is good FOR THE BONES....not for the hips, the heart, or much of anything else. The salt content is alarming, the fat content is equally alarming, and the calorie content is alarming. It is good to eat - for flavor, for taste, especially melted.

I agree to disagree with any/all if need be, simply because I know I LOVE CHEESE, but know the danger of eating it on a more than regular basis.

IT IS MY KRYPTONITE

In what way is high sodium consumption problematic? Same question for dietary fat. Also, assuming total calories are managed, how is "calorie content" a problem?

Know why some baseless diet myths are so hard to kill? Because people keep repeating them.
  • dialecticdreamer
    Options
    There is ONE pizza place in town which does not put cheese into the sauce, on the crust, etc.

GUESS where our family MUST go for pizza, due to allergies to milk?

And pizza without cheese can be delicious-- but even if you don't think of it that way, try this comparison- Two slices small sausage pizza with cheese = same calorie count for THREE slices without cheese. (Sometimes more. I'm working from the numbers for the local pizzaria)
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza and sprayed the cheese off. There was bit of sauce left. Him much calories did I ate?

:laugh:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Cheese is the best part.