The scales do not lie, but I dont see any changes?

Options
Could someone enlighten me on how weight loss works? What sections burn fat first?

I am in taking in 1340 calories a day and walking 3 miles a day at a 4mph pace.

I was at 209 pounds when I started myfitnesspal and my highest was 210.

Now I have dropped down to 195.2, my lowest in a few years.

Open to any advice, encouragement, or anything else!

Replies

• missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    For me it's always boobs first, then waist then bum. I believe it's because I'm a pear shape... I don't know how it works for guys though
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Which sections lose fat first depends entirely on your own body. It's definitely worth taking various body measurements and monitoring those, as well as the figure on the scale... but as for where it goes from, you can't really tell until it happens. Me, I'm lucky and my waist shrunk first.
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree with the guy above me and take measurements. I lost around 30lbs and saw no difference. My mom pointed out I was thinner, and when I checked, my measurements actually went down.
    As for where you lose weight, that depends on you. I lost from my shoulders and wrist first, which kind of sucked because those areas weren't even fat! My hip bones slowly began to reveal themselves, along with my spine and shoulders, then my legs. I lose top down, for the most part. My mom lost from her legs up, and my dad lost from his waist first.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Seems to be mostly genetic. But you'll want to incorporate some resistance training and make sure to get decent protein, especially with such low calories. Otherwise you'll lose a bunch of muscle and it will take longer to see the positive changes.