1x t sp of chopped ginger root
    Add water to fill lane in large container
    Add four ice cubes and a straw
    Have as am or pm snack
    Drink fresh for best result.
    Low calories.
    Very good for you.
    Enjoy!

How long does the ginger last? Do you freeze it?

That sounds yummy!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Wow you can use Frozen fruit as well? Did not know that? Thanks. I might buy one

I love my husbands...hehe

I use it every morning...

Mixed forzen fruit (left out to get a little soft), about 40grams of protien powder, 1cup almond milk and 1 cup of diet pom cranberry juice is my breakfast...

I used to add spinich and flax and almonds and hemp hearts etc but stopped as they didn't really add a whole lot other than calories (well not the spinich)

They are great for making milkshakes too...that's what my husband uses it for.

To be frank you can throw just about any fruit/veggie in there and as long as there is enough fruit..it will taste great.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bumping to add:

I'll toss in an Atkins shake with a bunch of ice. If I use enough ice, it almost ends up like ice-cream. Nummy. And under 200 calories! It's an easy mid-afternoon snack.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I had one. Liked it while it lasted.

But it's a piece of junk. The bearings in the extractor blade start to rust in a few months, leading to an unbearably loud noise when blending. And the rust starts to leak into your smoothie. Yes even the new and improved design is still the same.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    4 oz. Pina colada mix, 2 oz of rum, add ice, blend, enjoy.
  • AmberM82479
    Options
    I have not tried nutriliving, but I do love my NutriBullet! I never measure, just fill half with greens like spinach or kale and the rest with fruits, greek yogurt, milk or water. Sometimes I leave out the greens and add oatmeal instead.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Win!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Tip for spinach. Since it wilts so fast, you can blend it up with water and put it into ice cubes, then use those cubes to make your smoothies.

I love smoothies of any kind.

My fav:
    1/2 Frozen banana
    1 Tbl Natural PB
    1 scoop Protein Powder
    1 cup Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk
    1/4 cup Mom's Best Quick Oats

Blend and add water until desired consistency.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Never really understood why you have to separate the two. I mix everything in my shakes, just have to be careful with the flavor combinations. An average shake for me has:

kale and/or baby spinach
    super greens powder
    protein powder
    peanut butter or nuts
    berries/banana/pineapple/mango
    raw eggs
    almond milk or coconut water
    cinnamon
    Anything else I can find that would mix well flavor wise with what I already added, ice cream maybe? Rum? Whiskey? ;)
    Just be creative and see what you can come up with.
    love mine but use it for more protein shakes then green juices.

i like to add almond milk, scoop of peanut butter, ice water and then some protein powder.

i tried a few green juice/fruit blends but i more of a protein shake kinda gal
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am in the market for a single-serve blender. I considered the Nutribullet but I've seen two or three videos now where people put them head to head with the Nutri Ninja, and the Nutri Ninja comes out ahead. I'm sure I'd be happy with a Nutribullet, though. But the whole blades breaking thing on the newer 900 series is a bit of a worry. The original Nutribullet doesn't have the issue, as far as I'm aware.

I'm not sure what I'll do. I've yet to see a Nutri Ninja in my neck of the Canadian woods. Or a 900-series Nutribullet, for that matter.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Nutribullet and use it daily. I have the Pro 900 series.

I make my own kefir, so I always use a cup of that for my liquid. Right now my favorite combination is one cup of spinach, one thick pineapple ring, half an orange, and half a banana. I also add chia and flax seeds along with two scoops of organic whey protein powder. I like to make sure I use one frozen fruit because I like my smoothies cold and not at room temperature. If I don't have any, I'll add a few ice cubes.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Win!

Um, yeah, ^ that! LOL
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I had one. Liked it while it lasted.

But it's a piece of junk. The bearings in the extractor blade start to rust in a few months, leading to an unbearably loud noise when blending. And the rust starts to leak into your smoothie. Yes even the new and improved design is still the same.
    I've had the new design for almost a year and use it at least once a day, sometimes twice and don't have a problem. True for the 1st design, not 2nd.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am in the market for a single-serve blender. I considered the Nutribullet but I've seen two or three videos now where people put them head to head with the Nutri Ninja, and the Nutri Ninja comes out ahead. I'm sure I'd be happy with a Nutribullet, though. But the whole blades breaking thing on the newer 900 series is a bit of a worry. The original Nutribullet doesn't have the issue, as far as I'm aware.

I'm not sure what I'll do. I've yet to see a Nutri Ninja in my neck of the Canadian woods. Or a 900-series Nutribullet, for that matter.
    This one shows otherwise, not to mention the counter space difference. I'd stick with the NutriBullet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rjIP97SiU

Now maybe against the Magic Bullet, that's a different story. They are not the same.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have magic bullet and I find that I don't like to use ice because it always seems to stay "icy". I use frozen fruit or raw fruit and add greek yogurt. It makes it nice and thick. I also use almond milk in mine. Freeze a cup of coffee for an hour if you want coffee flavored
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I put whatever fruits I'm using in the freezer the night before and it still blends well, and it blends oatmeal perfectly.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

This one shows otherwise, not to mention the counter space difference. I'd stick with the NutriBullet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rjIP97SiU

Now maybe against the Magic Bullet, that's a different story. They are not the same.
    That is NOT a Nutri Ninja... That's a regular Ninja blender....

Here's an example, from the same woman you posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mecb4n_84_4
    and another from someone else: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngRzn9HDhQ