Heart rate monitor watches

Options
kvg1991
kvg1991 Posts: 5 Member
I'm thinking about purchasing a heart rate monitor watch. Any suggestions?
I currently have a very old Polar model.

Thanks!

Replies

• jangopants
    jangopants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT4 came in Friday. I love it.
  • FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I have had it for 5 years and it is still going strong.
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4
  • edvsoreos
    edvsoreos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Used a PFT4 for a while, happy with it. Didn't see a need for the features in the higher priced models.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have the same as the others do .. in Pink! I love it! I had a hard time at first getting it to register my heart rate .. but then I realized it was my boobies that were pushing it off my skin and losing the connection. I have to wear it a little lower than where they say to so I can keep a constant heart rate. But the heart rate it gives me is the same as what the tread mill gave me .. so it works just fine a little lower!

Good luck!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar FT4. Good price, good features.. have had it one year and its still kicking!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I have had it for 5 years and it is still going strong.

Oh nice! Hope mine lasts that long :)
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 in pink. I find it super easy to use and the chest strap is comfortable.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a Polar. I have the FT7 and love it!
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I had a Sportline from Target for about a year, was a good fit. But my Polar came in about a week ago and I am madly in love with it.!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT4. The FT7 is also good, but I didn't need all of the features so I stuck with the FT4.
  • taraleen
    taraleen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have an old Polar F4 model. It had been giving me botched readings (sometimes zero, sometimes 284, sometimes nothing at all), so I bought a new belt. It works good as new! Only $15 on Amazon. I'm trying to be cheap lately so this fit my budget.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    FT4 here too! And in pink. I love it! I have found mfp to be way off. Like just a few minutes ago I logged 21 minutes of indoor cycling. MFP says I burned 244 cals but my HRM says 138 cals.
  • kvg1991
    kvg1991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! The same day I posted this I found out my dad had a polar FT7 he never used...so thankfully its mine now! :smile:
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I also have the FT4 in pink! I do wish I had chosen a different color but it is amazing!

ETA: I've had it for 8 months now.
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft7 and love it. Can't do without it. No problems. Had it for about 6 months.
  • CoachChrystalL
    CoachChrystalL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have Timex Zone Trainer Ladies Watch with Digital Heart Rate Monitor - but you all are making me wonder if I REALLY wanted a Polar!
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and wear it every workout....works great for me.
  • yassy124
    yassy124 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had the polar ft7 for about a year now, and it's been great!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I had the FT4... and then another... and then another... all had problems with the band or the bug (connecting piece) or the watch. From what it looks like, I'm the only one.

I went with an FT40 (the women's white version), and I LOVE IT. I can swim with it on, there's never any problems, there are extra functions (like fitness tests that measure your resting heart rate against your age/height/weight, saying if you're in the fat-burning zone vs. fitness/endurance zone for workouts, pulling up MULTIPLE past workouts...), and and and and... I just love it.

:love: