Healthier Alternatives Instead of Cookie(s)?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of quinoa chocolate chip cookies. Same calories as wheat but for some reason I can portion control them more easily. The nature valley gluten free crunch bars are great when I want a crunchy sweet item.
  • yassy124
    yassy124 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Whenever I crave something baked/ sweet, I go for quest bars. I loveeeeeeee the cookies & cream and brownie flavors. They satisfy my cravings, they're a good sourced of protein &keep me full. You can even heat them up to get that 'out of the oven' feel.
  • joeherbert48
    joeherbert48 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I found some cookies at Walmart that have really low salt content on 7mg per cookie and only 65 calories per cookie. They are made by Homkist and are the non-sugarcoated oatmeal type. I can eat a ton of them and not gain an ounce as long as I keep them in my diet plan which is 1700-1800 calroies per day. I say a ton I don't eat that many but 1 or 2 a day in the diet plan is ok for me.

I would suggest maybe some Great Value chewy bars, chocolate and oats or fruit and nut. These have some protien in them and very filling for hours. I substitue these out for my cookies from time to time. They are sweet but they don't get carried away with carbs or sugar.

Then there is this wonderful protien bar I found in my Pharmacy area by all the nutritional drink and food stuffs. It just says protien bar double chocolate crunch and vanilla bar 17g of protien. It's really high in nutritional value and tastes great. Not like those other health food bars that taste like medicine.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Fig Newtons (whole grain) are like 50 cals for 1
    Sugar free fudgesicles are like 40 (they don't taste sugar free like the multi colored popsicle brand)
    1 Tbsp fat free cool whip has only 8 cals...make some sugar free jello 1 cup is like 10 cals
    Private Selection Belgian Almond Thins have 18 cals (for 1) 1 Toll house cookie has 90 cals
    1 York patty (mini) has 50 cals (try them frozen!)
    1 cup air popped popcorn has 15 cals
    1 Andies mints has 26 cals (try them frozen!)
    Pistachio Nuts In Shell (cals for 1) 4
    Popchips Sweet Potato (23 chips or 1 oz) is 120 cals which is like slightly more than 5 cals each
    I had this and added a smidge of PB to a few chips (my husband asked if I was pregnant :laugh: ), it was really good and satisfying!
    Special K Moments Dreamy Coconut (1 bar) 70 cals
    Hope this helps!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch bars.

Love Power Crunch bars, but that's a candy substitute, imo, not a cookie substitute. Sometimes, you just want a cookie.

if sometimes you just want a cookie, then why not sometimes just have one or two?

fit it into your macros and be done with it.
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    Yeah. If I want a cookie, I eat a stinkin cookie. You can have 2 chewy chips ahoy for 140 calories which isn't bad at all.