Worried about fitting on rides at Dorney Park or six flags?

Options
I've beeen invited by a few friends to go to Dorney Park or Great Adventure sometime before they close for the season. I'm 240lbs, a size 16/18 and wear an xl shirt. My body has no curves, I'm just straight up and down. Do you think I'll have any problem riding the rides?

I went on a carnival ride one time, where it was an over the shoulder harness, and I couldn't get it to lock. I would be mortified if this happened in front of my friends. If I can't ride the roller coasters I'll have an awful time. I've checked the website and everything but I would prefer someone who has actually been to the parks opinion. I could call them, but I'm sure they'd just refer me back to the website and the tester seats. I don't want to do the tester seat...that's embarrassing to me...plus I don't want to drive all the way there and pay admission/parking and everything just to try out tester seat after tester seat and not fit on a single roller coaster.

I was about 10/20 pounds heavier when I had the problem, and I remember when I was 180/200 pounds and was wearing a looser xl that I fit on the rides with no problem...ever since the carnival incident I've been paranoid though!

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I know this is off topic and its not to insult you (believe me, when you get to my age youll appreciate this), you don't look the age you have on your profile.
    You look really young.
  • beckye93
    beckye93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know, I always hear that. I just have a baby face.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know this is off topic and its not to insult you (believe me, when you get to my age youll appreciate this), you don't look the age you have on your profile.
    You look really young.

having lots of fat tends to plump out the wrinkles!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have never been to those parks, but I have been to another. I weighed 265 or so and I am 5'4. The belts and the harnesses were tight, but I was able to get them all on and none of the workers questioned me.
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been to the six flags in new jersey which I assume is the one you would go to if you live in Philly. It's where I had my super embarrassing not-fitting moment on a roller coaster that also buckled from the top down. At the time I was about 280, 5' 11", size 18. I'm sure my longer torso also added to this problem. I think it would have more to do with your chest and waist measurements than weight though, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I feel like you'll most likely fit but I couldn't guarantee it. Good luck!
  • beckye93
    beckye93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have a real small chest but broad shoulders. My biggest spot is my stomach.
  • BooAndKitty
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have a real small chest but broad shoulders. My biggest spot is my stomach.

I'd say go and try it, suck it in and up on the ride :laugh: if it doesn't fit straight away. I've been to theme parks where people who ask the staff to force the harness down because they're too big and it works. I'm 267.8 lbs (as of today lol) and I get my boyfriend to push the harness down for me to save the embarrassments. :laugh: Just be happy, your losing weight and one-day we won't need to think about these problems :drinker:
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    Ah i feel your pain. I cant face theme parks either just yet.

Go onto their website. They normally have height and weight restrictions. The ones in the UK tell you how wide your waist should be. Lol. Handy I guess.