Hi, it's me

Options
Just want to say that I have only been on here for just over a DAY and I love this place. For the first time in my life I seriously feel like I can just not be so stressed about FOOD! I have come to the conclusion after years of "elimination diets" that being stressed about what I'm eating has cause much more havoc than I could have imagined.

I've been reading many posts here and it seems that the general attitude on here is *be mindful of your calorie intake *elimination diets are not necessarily healthy *be kind to yourself *go gently

I have been SO HARD on myself over the years with my latest craze lasting for 12 months (last year) of Juice Fasts, strict veganism, and even getting into arguments with close friends over food. CRAZY! I was SO strict that I even managed to eat vegan for 5 months on a trip in Africa - that was painful - they eat loads of meat there and Vegan alternatives were so hard to come by.

In the past I have tried Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan, and whatever.... I am so sick of trying to FIX myself with food. I have now decided to allow myself to enjoy whatever I like keeping the "naughtier" foods in moderation. I would like to see if eliminating STRESS around food will be more beneficial to me. I believe it will be. Time to be gentle on myself and just be mindful of what I'm consuming rather than being obsessed with what I'm consuming.

I will keep reading your posts... any comments are welcome.

Replies

• mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Diva,

What an amazing journey you have been through already, it does get better though and there is no better place I'd rather be than here. You are in good company.

Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • scoobydooteresa
    scoobydooteresa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi diva

you have made the right first step in your journey. Good luck!
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    Hey!

Good Luck!

Feel free to add me :)