A sweaty hot mess.... but proud.

Options
blueboxgeek
blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
Ok so I still have about another 40-50lbs to go but I wanted to share this photo.

I have always been so out of shape, would join a gym, walk on the treadmill a few times, go swimming a few times and then cancel my membership.

When I finally got my head in the right place for losing weight I stayed out of the gym and would walk and build up to jogging. I then bought some kettlebells and loved how I felt strong when I used them and enjoyed the aches from them.

I finally decided I wanted to join a gym again and I did, but before I even went in there on my own for a session I booked a personal trainer. I knew that if I went in on my own I would head towards the treadmills and not do what I really wanted to do because I lacked the confidence.

The second photo here shows me just after my first gym session with the PT. I'm red, hot, sweaty...... but so SO proud of myself. I pushed myself harder than ever before, we did weighted squats, lunges, deadlifts, overhead press, bench press. Did some little cardio routines using medicine ball and jump rope. I loved it, I have never loved exercise like that.

I hurt for about 5 days after, seriously, just washing my hair in the shower hurt. But I'd never felt prouder of my pain HAHA.

I just wanted to share this photo in the hope that it might inspire people who might be thinking of trying a new exercise but lack of confidence is stopping them. Just DO IT!! You will be so proud of yourself!! I have PCOS and insulin resistance and I know that resistance training will help with that. I go abroad for two weeks next week but when back I am going to be starting stronglifts 5 x 5 with the help of the PT to make sure I am getting the lifts right before going it alone.

jga_zps662d8051.jpg

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    Options
    Oh and yeah..... the BOOBS have GONE!!! lol. :laugh:
  • lemonsnlove
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great stuff, you look fantastic and you know what - I think people look their BEST after a good workout, you glow and look happy and proud. Get it girl :D
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you should be proud :flowerforyou:
  • antredmond
    antredmond Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done. It looks like two different people in the photos.
  • Rebel_Stout
    Rebel_Stout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job! You look awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Funny!

Great post and great work! Enjoy your trip abroad !
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    Thank you all so much ! :flowerforyou:
  • loser4realz
    loser4realz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You've turned down the right road, you should be very proud
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I love it! Personally, I feel very sexy during and after a great workout :)
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear you enjoyed your work out!! I crave mine these day. You look amazing and thank you for sharing! Keep it up, you're doing awesome! :drinker:
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    Thank you, you are all so lovely!!!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to hear today. I have been pushing myself all week to take different classes this week since the pool at my gym is closed for maintenance. Tonight, there are no classes that I am interested in- so I have been debating whether to start Heavy Lifting (either NROLFW or Stronglift 5x5) or not. I wanted to wai tto start until I was about 40% to goal, becuase I fear the stalled scale that everyone talks about. Yes- I am a little nervous walking into that area of the gym- I have been there before many years ago, but not on any specific program. So, after reading your post- I think it is the nudge I need.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I hurt for about 5 days after, seriously, just washing my hair in the shower hurt. But I'd never felt prouder of my pain HAHA.

We've all been here! I remember being so sore when I first started, I thought I was gonna have to sleep upstairs because I coudnt imagine being able to walk down the stairs to my bedroom, lol. I was sooooo very sore
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Contratulations! You look great!
    I have been wondering about boobs. Well beyond the typical way that some people do, lol. I have a huge chest and I sometimes feel like I should be able to pretend I'm 10 lbs less because so much is in my bra. Its nice to hear they may reduce naturally :)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you!! Seriously. Your story is similar to mine, half hearted gym time and not much progress. Then one day, something clicks...maybe it's all the posts here on MFP, maybe it's a PT pushing you, or maybe it's just your brain catching up to your desires, but...it clicks and we finally figure we have to push out of our comfort zones. Work hard, really hard, suffer a little, and feel sore during recovery. Then, do it all again, and again!

You goo girl! You look happy and ready in your second photo and I bet you have found something that you will stick with and enjoy. Congratulations!!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you look great!! Great work
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    love hot & sweaty!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!