gaining weight and dont know why

Options
I am allowed 1200 calories in a day and I usualy eat them all, for breakfast ill usualy have a smoothie, for lunch ill have a smoothie with chips and salsa, and dinner changes a lot but it isnt usualy too big. I dont drink all that much water
in the last few days I have been gaining weight and I have no idea why, I walk and run at my job so I get a good amount of exercise.
I dont want to continue gaining weight so if someone knows whats goung on id love to know
thank you!

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    A slight weight gain over a short period of time could easily be water weight from high sodium (chips & salsa), time of the month, stress, new fitness routine.

You need more than a few days to determine the trend. But in general, be 100% accurate and honest about all you consume. Weigh your food. Give it a few weeks...
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    are you eating back your exercise calories? Often times this number is very inflated. Are you weighing, measure all your foods and liquids? What are you stats- age/height/weight/sex?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have the same questions as above as well as these two...

How much weight did you gain? Are you exercising, and if so, is this new to you or have you changed up your routine lately?

It's really hard for us to guess without knowing more but if you're tracking food and exercise correctly, it's probably just water weight.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Smoothies tend to be very high calorie - are you making your own so you know exactly what's in it?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything (well, almost everything) that goes into your mouth!
    You are eating more than you think!