How many calories is your morning smoothie?

Options
Mine varies from 250 - 300 most days.

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    if i have one its usually 500-900 cals depending on what all i put in it. fruit, nutbutters, protein, milk....
  • kmalacho
    kmalacho Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    325-375. It includes 1/2 a banana, 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 2-3 cups spinach, 2 tbsp ground flaxseed and 1.5 cups skim milk. Yum!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Usually: 350 calories, 43g carbs,12g fat, 27g protein. Protein powder, soy milk, honey, chocolate covered banana, PB2 and a sleeve of instant coffee.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If my morning smoothie is serving as an actual meal, then it ends up being between 350 and 400 calories with a banana, almond butter, hemp seeds, almond milk, spinach, and sometimes protein powder or coconut oil. If it's just a snack before working out, usually about 150 calories with 1/2 a banana, almond milk, spinach, and hemp seeds or protein powder
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    350-450

Strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, chia seeds, flex seeds, acai powder, cacao, and chocolate hemp protein powder
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Let's see: Protein powder - 125 + 1c milk - 130 + fruit 80 - 100 = 335 - 355
  • LaurenGetsFit2
    LaurenGetsFit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    200 Calories for a 30-35 oz serving, depending on how "fluffy" I make it (which depends on how much ice I add).

I start with a protein-powder base blended with water (instead of milk), blend in some ice, add some fruit, cinnamon powder, some cocoa powder or milled flax seed, and then blend again until it's smooth.
  • RachaelWoo
    Options
    Mines about 450 calories - Matrix Diet strawberry protein powder, half a dozen or so of strawberries, one large banana and 350ml of 1% milk! Fills me right up till about 2pm aswell!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    416 calories before the banana, 471 to 636 after. (I track the banana separately because it varies between 1/2 and 2 bananas, depending on my mood.)

Along with the banana there's 12 oz almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 tbsp each of hemp, chia and flax seeds.

Oh, and on weekends I make BIG smoothies that might be anywhere between 700 and 1200 calories.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Dunno if this qualifies a smoothie, anyways this is my perfect meal if I'm going to have a tough day

Low fat Milk + oats + some nuts + 3 dates

Milk provides some protein - 250ml
    Oats for complex carbs - 50 to 60g
    Nuts for healthy fat & little protein - 25g
    Dates for good sugar carbs (Low GI) - 3 small dates

without the dates it'd be tasteless. Add the 3 small dates and you'll have some really delicious meal. Google sukari dates (I dunno if its available in the US)

Macros: 76 carbs (17 sugars), 20 fat, 24 protein. Total cals: 548 calories
  • ssbobbyh
    ssbobbyh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 700 calories:

2 Cups Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
    2 Scoops Naturade Total Soy; Soy Meal replacement (Vanilla)
    1 Cup Quaker Oats 1 Minute 100% Natural Whole Grain Oatmeal
    2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
    12 tsp Splenda
    OPTIONAL - 4 Cubes of Ice

Throw everything in the blender and let it rip.

I add ice to make it nice and cold.

Feel free to lower the amount of splenda and replace the silk vanilla soy with silk LIGHT vanilla soy.

Everything can be bought from Sam's or Amazon in bulk and on the cheap (I spend about 100 bucks a month on food)

I've been using this shake for the past few months to lose weight. I love it because it's high in fiber (milk, oatmeal, and cinnamon) and high in protein (milk and soy powder).

It does have a high sugar content (from the vanilla soy milk) so feel free to replace the vanilla soy milk with the light variety