Difference between PiYo and Yogalates?

Options
A FB friend has been posting about her PiYo workouts lately, and it seems I'm now hearing the term everywhere. I finally Googled it, and searched on Amazon for a DVD - they are EXPENSIVE! I'm not about to pay over $100 for a set of DVDs I may or may not use...but the search also turned up individual DVDs that were much cheaper, but weren't called PiYO - they were Yogalates.

Same thing? Is PiYo just more of a name-brand by a specific person?

Replies

• LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i ordered mine through beachbody.com. they are only $65 or you can pay $19.95 a month for 3 months. chalean johnson is the instructor for these videos.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It's a Beachbody program, you aren't missing anything. You could get the same thing from the cheaper videos or free videos online like blogilates.
  • lscaffidi
    Options
    I do PiYo and I love it. The above comments are correct in regards to it being through Beach Body and Chalene Johnson. Personally, it's my soulmate workout. Cant say much for Yogalates, as Ive never heard of it or tried it, but it could possibly be just as effective! I used to use Jillian Michales ($10 dvds from walmart!) and i liked them but didnt see results. I saw results with PiYo after 2-3 weeks. I am on week 5 now and still love it!