I am 6.1 tall, F, 176.6lbs, medium frame. Many say i look ok

tallandfat
tallandfat Posts: 10
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I am 6.1 feet, Female
and i weigh 176.6 lbs. I really wanna be 165 lbs which is 75 kg. But then i feel really sick and anorexic!

Many times people say i look really okay, while i just feel too big and fat. I think i have a medium frame, but i just feel my body is just big..I feel really depressed all the time!
Am i really normal? my BMI is 23.3, but i still feel i look fat, and have a lot of fats on my leg.
I have big thighs and middle body! Its really hard to find jeans and things that matches me.

What is your
height, body shape, ..?

Replies

• im 5'4 medium to large framed body...they say my highest healthy weight is 145.7 but my weight looks heavier on me for my height i think i havent figured out what a good weight that looks good on me yet. rite now im 147...7lbs away from my goal then ill re-evaluate my goal...im pear shaped too so hardly any boobs n a big booty! lol
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Maybe you should focus on toning and getting muscle and not the number on the scale. I am 6'1'' and I haven't set a real weight goal because I am gonna see how I look at about 175. I say 160 is a possibility, but I want to make sure I feel comfortable and not super skinny. So, toning and losing body fat, but gaining muscle might be good for you.
  • I am 5'9", female, and currently weigh 132lbs, my goal being 122lbs. I know what you mean when you feel "big". I feel like being a taller girl, I feel bigger too even if other find me thin. One of my best friends is 6'0", f, and weighs 172 lbs. I have heard her say the same thing, and we think alike. She looks great though and she realizes that being any thinner for her height makes her feel fatigued much of the time.
  • im 25 and im 5.2 ..... im 170 use to be 135 but i had 4kids back to back and it is so hard to lose iit...
  • I'm 23 and 5'8" and I'm currently 194. I was 191, but I gained three pounds. My goal is 160-155lbs.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    I am 6.1 feet, Female
    and i weigh 176.6 lbs. I really wanna be 165 lbs which is 75 kg. But then i feel really sick and anorexic!

Many times people say i look really okay, while i just feel too big and fat. I think i have a medium frame, but i just feel my body is just big..I feel really depressed all the time!
    Am i really normal? my BMI is 23.3, but i still feel i look fat, and have a lot of fats on my leg.
    I have big thighs and middle body! Its really hard to find jeans and things that matches me.

What is your
    height, body shape, ..?

Hi firstly you are FAR from fat and it depends on your body composition. All my followers know that even though I am 6ft and 152-154 pounds I still have quite a petite body (BMI is between 20-21) therefore I will visably look smaller. My old housemate was about 5 ft 10 and built bigger (especially thighs and legs) and kept on doing the wrong exercises that made her look thicker ...anyway what I am trying to say body composition plays an integral part in everything...some of us are just structured bigger and need to workout a little harder and eat cleaner.

It's just like I have accepted I will never have that uber petite asian body because I have really long legs and arms.

good luck, feel free to add me if you want as we are similar in height ;)
  • melb_alex
    I am 5'9", female, and currently weigh 132lbs, my goal being 122lbs. I know what you mean when you feel "big". I feel like being a taller girl, I feel bigger too even if other find me thin. One of my best friends is 6'0", f, and weighs 172 lbs. I have heard her say the same thing, and we think alike. She looks great though and she realizes that being any thinner for her height makes her feel fatigued much of the time.

Hey is your friend 6ft and weights 78 kilos (172 pounds) and feels that that is slight? wow at my heaviest I was about 169 pounds (77 kilos) and felt huge (factoring in height insecurities as well) that is awesome, go your friend!

Let me draw you to two examples.

Two models, same height but DIFFERENT body compositions

My beautiful fellow Aussie ladies Jennifer Hawkins and Megan Gale!

- Jen is 6ft ....57 kg
    - Megan is 5ft'11..... 65kg

Jen:

Jennifer-Hawkins.jpg

jh.jpg

Megan:

megan-gale-bikini-auss.jpg

1266611718147.jpg

I am aiming to lean up more like Jen but much much bigger than her but trying to illustrate the significance of body composition!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    thread delivers :tongue:

Disregard scale. Focus on measurements/pics. Lift heavy stuff, eat enough protein, slight cal deficit and patience.
  • melb_alex

Disregard scale. Focus on measurements/pics. Lift heavy stuff, eat enough protein, slight cal deficit and patience.

omg Chris the pictures worked!

Do you get the message I am trying to convey though? It's about body composition am I right?

I weigh more than Megan Gale of course and don't even have close to her bikini body! and Jen...well she's just fking perfect!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Jennifer hawkins....so sexy :)
  • melb_alex
    Jennifer hawkins....so sexy :)

oh god yeah and has the personality and intelligence to match!
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Oh my God.just replied to another thread like this one...and just noticed...wait for it...

This is an old thread from 2011!
  • melb_alex
    oh what the f???? :frown:
  • melb_alex
    Oh my God.just replied to another thread like this one...and just noticed...wait for it...

This is an old thread from 2011!

no wonder my frienr request wasn't accepted hahaha :p
  • Fithealthyforlife

Yeah, apparently the OP has not logged in for...wait for it...

18 MONTHS!!!!
  • melb_alex

18 MONTHS!!!!

hahahaha I give you permission to give me so much ****e now

BUT in my defence someone else responded before me in this bloody year!
  • Fithealthyforlife

18 MONTHS!!!!

hahahaha I give you permission to give me so much ****e now

BUT in my defence someone else responded before me in this bloody year!

Hey, it's not you! I got conned into the same thing in another thread by the same OP just 20 minutes ago!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

Do you get the message I am trying to convey though? It's about body composition am I right?

I weigh more than Megan Gale of course and don't even have close to her bikini body! and Jen...well she's just fking perfect!

sure did :smile: Fark the scales!

And LOL at solid thread grave digging. Missed that. I hope the OP is now well on her way to a happy body composition by now.
  • melb_alex

sure did :smile: Fark the scales!

And LOL at solid thread grave digging. Missed that. I hope the OP is now well on her way to a happy body composition by now.

Now Chris you must be a MFP senior citizen using that terminology 'Solid thread grave digging' hahahah :p
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Melb_Alex: I'm about to create one of the strangest threads in MFP history in the chit chat forum (I apparently have a knack for that sort of thing). Come join us for some weird conversation inspired by this very thread.
This discussion has been closed.