struggling a bit

Options
hey all! I'm new to mfp. My gf and I have been doing this for a few weeks now and i must say I love this site! its really helped me to see just how much progress im making. currently im very over weight, honestly im obese. though every1 says they cant tell bc im so tall i can feel it. not only on the scale but in everyday life. several years ago i was much thinner and very active in sports, 75 pounds lighter actually. I love food, and i love soda and this has became a huge problem for me. I also have a serious back injury which makes it hard at times to exercise the way i use to or would like, but ive decided im not gona use that as a crunch nemore and get off my butt and do this. heres where ya'll come in. at 1st i wasnt sure if i was gona keep up with this, be that serious, but i am. I have no other choice, if i dont change, and i mean make a change now its gona kill me. sooo i need ya'lls help. I need ppl to hold me accountable to the goals ive set for myself, and i need ppl who are in this with me. people who are also on this long, painful, tasteless journey. so as i ask for help, encouragement, and a swift kick in the bum sumtimes i hope sum of u will also share ur stories and tips as we make this life change 2gether!
thanks ya'll and good luck

Replies

• Caesar4less
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! ... There is a very supportive community here! - Make small goals and don't give up! ... I just joined and I feel like I can do this - and you can too!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    For starters, stop thinking of your new way of life as a long, tasteless, painful journey - LOL! with that kind of attitude you will make it really hard on yourself. Only positive thoughts from this point out!!! :):):)

Once you start to see the weight come off, you will understand how important it is to have a new way of life. You will fabulous, and you will be so proud of yourself!!!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    That's what this site is all about, helping each other out. We're here for you.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    we're here for you. This place can help give you incredible will to succeed. I'm a great butt kicker, add me and I'll try to help when you ask.
  • jratcliff82
    Options
    thanks ya'll! encouragement helps a lot! from here on out i'll try my best to stay positive. once the weight starts coming off i guess i wont feel like im doing this for nothing. getting there seems like its taking forever.
  • jratcliff82
    Options
    wow! 70 lbs...congrats thats awesome!!!
  • jratcliff82
    Options
    i cant wait till i can have that up on my page. congrats on the 25 lbs!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    thanks ya'll! encouragement helps a lot! from here on out i'll try my best to stay positive. once the weight starts coming off i guess i wont feel like im doing this for nothing. getting there seems like its taking forever.
    When i was younger and weight would roll up I would get disappointed if when I tried I didn't immediately get results. I have learned that all the losses mean nothing if you don't learn why you got that way and make the course corrections necessary in your path. The best advice I can give is educate yourself until your voice is the smartest voice in your head about your health. This place is a great step on the right course.
  • ThinkingskinnY
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this site too (joined today!) and I have to say how awesome it is to have a group of people who are such an inspiration. Congrats to those of you who lost so much weight. To those like me, just starting out, lets get moving and shed the lbs!!! Can't wait to read more success stories! Stay positive!
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    Oh and she TOTALLY didn't say anything about who introduced her to this site!!! GRRRRRRRRR :`(
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Maybe the journey will be easier if you break it up in little chunks? Just TODAY. If that doesn't work...set an even smaller goal...just for this next hour...or minute, if it needs to be that. I have found that really works well for some of us.
  • AngieSWatson
    Options
    I am new to the site also. This is the begining of my 3rd week, I have lost 8 lbs on the two weeks I've been on. This site is wonderful and not tasteless at all. I have found I can eat anything I ate before just the amount has changed. I have found that I can subsitute fattening foods with equally tasty better for you foods that keep me on track and I am not hungry. I found the first week to be hungry may be two days out of the seven and at night but after that I have adjusted what I have eaten and I no longer feel hungry. The gym has made a big difference the elliptical trainer is heaven sent because I am obese and it does not hurt my joints like the treadmill. I burn more calories on the elliptical machine that I have ever burned on the treadmill. Good luck on our journey cause we are all in this together.
  • GrandmaPaige
    Options
    Maybe the journey will be easier if you break it up in little chunks? Just TODAY. If that doesn't work...set an even smaller goal...just for this next hour...or minute, if it needs to be that. I have found that really works well for some of us.

Great advise. Just take it day by day until it becomes the norm. Good Luck and keep motivated!!

Paige

1297564.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jratcliff82
    Options
    Oh and she TOTALLY didn't say anything about who introduced her to this site!!! GRRRRRRRRR :`(

that would be u dear! :happy: and ur awsum for it. im so addicted now lol...i wana buy a new phone now bc my blackberry doesnt have the app yet. id be on this site 24/7:laugh: