vertically challenged anyone??

Options
:happy:

I am vertically challenged, lol! I'm 5'2" on a good day. In all the weight loss articles I read, the women are all tall women which kind of makes me wonder if I'm the only short person who's overweight??

So I started at 156.86 on Nov 5, 2010. Currently 138.2lbs.

Replies

• aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    im 5'1"!!!! and considered obese =/
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    5'0' and considered obese too
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    4'11". Normal BMI but trying to lose more for a mini-triathlon in July. :glasses:
  • grumpz
    grumpz Posts: 30
    Options
    5'2 and considered overweight. If I was 5'5 I'd be normal :tongue: Go figure.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft and I have a couple of MFP pals who are "vertically challenged" too :laugh: So you are not alone! Shorties unite :bigsmile:
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    5'1 and I too am considered obese :(
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I too am vertically challenged. I was surprised to see that. That is the way I refer to myself. I am almost 5'2. I started this journey June of 2010 weighing 351 pounds. That is a lot to say the least for a person of my height. I am happy to say as of last Friday I am now 319. Still a lot but I am getting there.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 :)
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ctheslayer ~ way to go girl!! That's awesome!! Best wishes on your triathalon!
  • jrow5
    Options
    lisarillen ~ you inspire me! Wow....115lb...great job!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1", and started last week at 161 lbs. I lost 4 lbs. my first week doing this! :happy:
  • jrow5
    Options
    mustangnana ~ lol, great minds think alike :happy:

Great job and keep up the good work! A steady weight loss is the key to keeping it off. Keep going!
  • jrow5
    Options
    amydcarlson ~ seems like we are almost in the same boat! I'm sure you're gonna be a rockstar :flowerforyou:
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    I'm 5'2" currently 149 (started last week at 152). You also have to consider your frame size yes I'm short but not really petite. You're doing great. Keep it up
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started my weight loss journey at 190 pounds. I'm currently at 174 and am still considered obsese. At my lowest, 135, I was still considered to be overweight. It's a bit disheartening... if I can get back to 135, though I'll be happy. I just don't buy into the ideal weight concept anymore... it doesn't work for short people!:-P

Shannon