Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie Burn of Just Dance 2?

Does anyone know approximately how many calories Just Dance 2 burns? Just did it for 25 minutes, but have no idea how to record it!

Replies

• I put it under modern dance on the exercise tracker, it was around 250-300 calories.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    I exercise with that game as well. I've been recording it as 'Dancing, General'.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    I exercise with that game as well. I've been recording it as 'Dancing, General'.

I also record it as this
  • Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    The literature that comes with the CD says you burn a thousand calories in 20 minutes. If you use the sweat option it records about 250 calories per song. My wife and I think this is too high and so we try to do all of the kneelifts and twists that are involved and then we log 750 calories for 20 minutes.:love:

Jody
  • i do general dancing and then just change the time.
    if you burn more than what it says then no harm right? (:
  • I found this link that might help for calories burned while playing Just Dance 2
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Thanks for the help, everyone!
  • 30 minutes of Just Dance 2 burns roughly 225 calories. this is also my fitness 'regime' lol. and i've already noticed a toned difference. it's definitely a great way to get in shape. hope this helps. also, for everyone else: i started using MFP about a month ago, and i noticed most of your posts are from the beginning of the year. when i first started, i had to log Just Dance 2 under 'dancing, modern' etc. also. i have recently added Just Dance 2 to the list of exercises, so you can find it there. :)
  • 30 minutes of wii just dance burns from 190 to 210 calories.
  • I use this as my regiment also and have done tons of research on it. In "Just Sweat" mode, you accumulate "sweat points". Every 4.2 sweat points burns 1 calorie. In the "Intense Program" you try to earn 2000 sweat points a day, which burns about 476 calories. Or if you just round the 4.2 up to 5 (which you should admitting we don't put all of our effort into every move) you burn 400 calories and feel good knowing you actually did a little bit more than that! Good luck!
  • Fitnessblender.com says approx 20calories per song
  • The literature that comes with the CD says you burn a thousand calories in 20 minutes. If you use the sweat option it records about 250 calories per song. My wife and I think this is too high and so we try to do all of the kneelifts and twists that are involved and then we log 750 calories for 20 minutes.:love:

Jody

i have trouble believing anyone can burn 1000 calories in 20 minutes. that's 50 calories per minute which is more calories than you burn from sprinting at full speed.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Im going to have to agree, maybe it says you burn that many, but I have all 3 of the games and play them sometimes. I do however run everyday and my work out is 10 times as hard as the game and It would take a VERY fast and long run to burn 1000 calories.
  • Mild Program - 300 points per day is about 72 calories
    Tough Program - 1000 points per day is about 238 calories
    Intense Program - 2000 points per day is about 476 calories
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    I found this link that might help for calories burned while playing Just Dance 2
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/

These calculations were for a person who was 131 lbs, btw!
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Great info everyone, I use JD2 and JD3 as part of my at home workouts, Thanks! DANCE ON!
  • Quick Q for people with these games - how much space do you actually need to do the dances? I really want a wii and this game, but I have a feeling i'll fall over the sofa/smash the tv if I try and use it in the TINY space I have!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    How much is burnt playing Call of Duty? lol

Just picked up Kinect...
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Quick Q for people with these games - how much space do you actually need to do the dances? I really want a wii and this game, but I have a feeling i'll fall over the sofa/smash the tv if I try and use it in the TINY space I have!

Depends how tiny! lol I have about 5'x5' to move in but for some things I just don't move as much (like if a step requires me to walk forward or back, I may go 1 or 2 steps but then walk in place the rest of the time). The biggest obstacle is how far from the tv you need to be. I think you are supposed to ideally be 8-10' away (you can probably find this info on the website) when you play with the wii. I think I'm a bit closer - 7' maybe and it still works ok but I can get out of range if I move too far left or right. Hope that helps.
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    I log both just dance 2 and 3 at about 1 calorie per 10 sweat points i.e. 3000 sweat points equals 300 calories - I've been doing it about 5-7 times a week since Christmas and logging it, eating back exercise calories etc and lose aprtox 2lbs a week, which is my goal and what MFP has me set at, so I'm finding it a fairly accurate measure and would rather be underestimating than overestimating. Good luck.