Creative non-sweet snack ideas?

Options
After logging for a bit, I can see that I tend to go over on sugar a lot (mostly due to fresh fruit!) I'm not sure if it's actually a huge issue since I don't appear to be going over by a ton, but I still wouldn't mind shaking things up for fun. My snacks are usually either a piece of fruit or a Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt with something mixed in (ie Cheerios). What are your favorite savory snacks? I eat raw baby carrots sometimes, but that's kind of boring all the time!

Replies

• MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There are these special k crisp thingies that are 100 calories each. They taste like poptarts and I adore them! I also tend to eat snacks like melted cheese on a rice cakes (something I've done since I was a child) or I also get those orville reddenbacher pop up bowls. Obviously there is some salt in there but if you have half of a bowl it's a snack-size amount of calories.

But to be honest I have a lot of fruit as well, and I almost always go over my sugar allowance but I just don't care. It's ****ing fruit, MFP should be glad I'm eating something healthy lol
  • BPB93
    BPB93 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a fan of the raw baby carrots too! But they do get your sugar and carbs up if you have them a lot unfortunately, but I like chia seed pudding and if you get 1 or 2 tbsp of them and soak them in water or I like unsweetened almond milk etc I think it can make almost a cup and then chuck some berries in there and divide it up for 2 small but super high protein snacks!
  • BPB93
    BPB93 Posts: 6
    Options
    Oops forgot to add that one tbsp of chia seeds is about 60 cal! So with some almond milk and berries it gets to about 100 and is super yum:)