What's your beauty/skincare routine?

Swiftlet66
Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
Do you have one?

I'm actually a fairly low maintenance girl: a face wash in the morning and shower at night, followed by a night cream (Olay brand). Lotion use is sporadic; only when needed. Daily makeup almost nonexistent--only eye concealer during the day. Because... I don't really know how to apply make up. :x

This is kinda odd (and gross?) but... Last Sunday, I discovered that my face looks even better (clear with that glow to it) when I don't use a face wash in the morning. So now, all I do is splash water and dry lightly with a towel. I've gotten so many head turns and compliments since then; it amazes me! :D

Replies

• Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    All I've ever done is splash water on it. I don't wear make up or lotion or anything else.
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    In the mornings, I just splash water and apply a light moisturizer on my face. I have naturally oily/combination skin, so I have to use a light/oil-free moisturizer.

At night, I do a more thorough routine. Most days, I wash my face with Neutrogena Naturals Acne Foaming Scrub. It's supposed to exfoliate, but the beads are super gentle. Then 1-2x per week, I do a deeper exfoliation using St. Ive's Blemish Control scrub. And about 1-3x per month, depending on how my skin is doing, I do apply a bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mask or a turmeric and yogurt mask. This just helps remove dead cells, clear pores, get rid of hyper-pigmentation and even out skin tone. And every night, I apply the same light moisturizer and sometimes an acne spot treatment cream if I'm dealing with breakouts.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    baby's tears and virgin blood. thats what i say when people find out how old i am since i'm frequently mistook for 15 years younger

but really i like boots botanicals skin brightener line and my clairsonic
  • Cleanse face with only water or a gentle cleanser every few days (unless I'm washing off make up, then I need heavy artillery). Use an organic toner from Whole Foods, and moisturizer with coconut oil. That's it!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    I wash with a facial cleanser and something exfoliating, like a sponge or loofah, and use a moisturizer with sunscreen. I rarely wear makeup or do anything else. I do occasionally use a mud mask or the Olay microdermabrasion kit. That's it.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Have been using Irish Spring ALOE soap on my face for probably 15 years now. Wash every night and in morning usually with cool water only, (unless was a sweaty hot night), use St. Ives Apricot scrub 3X a week and Spf 50 sunscreen every single day, alone or under foundation. No Suntans for me the sun hates me and my skin hates the sun! No premature aging for me!

That's it...short & simple no fancy, shmancy expensive products for this girl! :blushing:

Oh Yeah... forgot to mention pure vitamin E oil on eye lashes and on lips overnight about once a week. I think it keeps my lashes healthy & definitely softens my lips.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Do you have one?

I'm actually a fairly low maintenance girl: a face wash in the morning and shower at night, followed by a night cream (Olay brand). Lotion use is sporadic; only when needed. Daily makeup almost nonexistent--only eye concealer during the day. Because... I don't really know how to apply make up. :x

This is kinda odd (and gross?) but... Last Sunday, I discovered that my face looks even better (clear with that glow to it) when I don't use a face wash in the morning. So now, all I do is splash water and dry lightly with a towel. I've gotten so many head turns and compliments since then; it amazes me! :D

so jealous of you. I wear a full face of make up every day, moisturise both morning and evenings, cleanser and scrub in shower and even have eyelash extensions.

Sometimes on weekends I might just wear BB cream.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    * Hitting my macros, is the best beauty routine for maintaining skin, hair and nails for me. The inside out approach. Blowing my fats and proteins daily is a non-issue.

* Hydration.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm pretty low maintenance in my opinion even though I do wear cosmetics. I wash my face in the morning with Pears bar soap and then use Burt's Bees carrot day crème underneath light makeup. I drink a lot of water. I have worn foundation, powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara every day since 2nd grade and I'm 37 now...so it takes me about 90 seconds to do the face thing and most of my friends/family don't think I wear makeup. Bit offended by that LOL (not really).

Sometimes if I have gotten dirty & sweaty being outdoors I'll use a Yes to Blueberries facial wipe before bed, but usually I don't wash my face at night. I know that's gross to some people but my mom and I neither one have ever been the big makeup removal at bedtime people. Her skin looks better than mine does even though she's 27 yrs older...but my dad's basically a Shar-Pei so my genes are kind of screwy in the skin department ;-) I do like my skin though even with laugh lines and what not.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    In the mornings, I use Lush's Herbalism scrub to wash my face, then their Tea Tree Toner, and lastly their Enzymion moisturizer to balance my skin and prime for makeup. At night, the scrub might be the same one as the morning, or it may be the Lush Ocean Salt scrub, depending on the day and the condition of my skin. I use Ultrabland, an oil based cleanser, to remove my makeup. Then I use the Tea Tree Toner again, and my nighttime moisturizer is Cosmetic Lad, which is a little thicker than my morning one.
  • Xalifer
    Xalifer Posts: 392 Member
    soap and a wee bit of sunscreen... eh? not a thread for guys.. oh well.. :indifferent:
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    I wash my face every morning, exfoliate twice a week. Moisturizer afterward. Same thing at night.
    I shower twice a day, and put lotion on after both showers. I wear makeup, but not every day. That's about it. Oh, and I do a sugar scrub on my lips once a week just to make them extra soft. That's pretty much it.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    In the mornings I use Lancôme foaming cleanser followed by a spray toner and moisturizer and eye cream. At night I use Neutragena cleansing wipes and a night time moisturizer and serum. Twice per week I also exfoliate (usually in the morning) and also use a hydrating mask (usually at night before bed). I also get facials every 4-6 weeks...

This routine has worked great for me and I attribute my healthy skin to it (and not looking my age! :blushing: )
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I use coconut oil or jaboba oil for eye make up remover- and moistuzer.
    I use baby wipes for an all over wipe down.
    I just wash with water in the sink/shower.

I rinse in the morning pre-make up.

I wear BB cream at the very least- or well down liquid foundation (or cream/mouse/gel)- no cake make up.
    I do tend to wear a LOT of eye make up.
    I wear full heavy contoured make up, heavy eye make up and false eye lashes frequently on the weekend for gigs- that's usually baby wipes and oil for two days straight to really get it that *kitten* off.

Otherwise- I own no face wash- no exfoliates or scrubs- and no specific masks or anything.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    So, a shower and shave every morning isn't enough?
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    AM/PM routine are the same wash with Johnson & Johnson baby wash or Cereve or Cetaphil, then use a RX sulfur face wash and finally apply my antibiotic lotion on and I'm ready to go.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Wash my face with St Ives face wash in the shower, put on Nivea cream, and put on Bare Minerals and eyeliner/mascara. If I have racoon eyes by bedtime I'll use makeup remover, but if not I just do the same routine in the morning.
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    Its not pretty, but it is how we roll....
    How To Shower Like a Man:
    Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile.
    Walk naked to the bathroom.
    If you see wife along the way, shake privates at her making the ‘woo-woo’ sound.
    Look at your manly physique in the mirror.
    Admire the size of your privates and scratch your butt.
    Get in the shower.
    Wash your face.
    Wash your armpits.
    Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off.
    Poot and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.
    Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk.
    Rinse off and get out of shower.
    Partially dry off.
    Shave.
    Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time.
    Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on.
    Return to bedroom with towel around waist.
    If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake privates at her and make the ‘woo-woo’ sound again.
    Throw wet towel on bed
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I'm REALLY horrible...
    I wear make up about 50% of the time and it's long-wearing stuff (MAC foundation, eye primer with shadow, long lasting liner and waterproof mascara among other stuff).

I wash my face most evenings, (nope, not every evening), with whatever face cleanser I happen to have (right now it's Pacifica's face wash) or just plain water. I don't even use a wash cloth. Just my ol' hands.

Sometimes I will use make up remover on my lashes, sometimes not. For about the last 6 years, I guess, (about the time I turned 40) when I wash my face, I will use a VERY lightweight moisturizer afterwards (like a generic Oil of Olay, I think, and I often dilute it with a little water). Face wash & moisturizers last me FOREVER.

Once in a blue moon I will exfoliate by actually using a washcloth.

Honestly, for me, the LESS I 'clean' my skin, the better it behaves.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    ultrabland.

only.