Low Carb Diet, Feeling Tired and Hungary ALOT

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am on a low carb diet and I am exercising around a hour a day now but I am finding myself wanting to eat more and so very tired. Even on occasion when I finish my exercise I yawn which is total opposite to what I expect to feel. I am desperate to try and lose this weight but I dont seem to be getting anywhere and I am loosing track of what is good to eat and what is not. I dont eat Nuts so thats one of the things off the menu, I try to eat meat, fish, fruit and veg but I have no idea when it comes to snacks what to have as I am trying to have under 50 carbs, which becomes difficult to do. Any advice would be greatly received.
Thank you
Donna x

Replies

• The_Hungry_Atheist
    Options
    You aren't eating enough calories.
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising an hour a day, you want more carbs. Just make sure what carbs you do eat are good carbs! Chicken breast and brown rice is a good, filling meal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough calories.
    ^^This

There's days on your diary where you didn't get over 6-800 calories.
  • pantsdonna
    Options
    what can I add to my diet then to affect the calories but not the carbs I think thats where I am struggling
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more! If your diary is accurate, it's no wonder you're tired!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A low carb diet does not start with a breakfast of melon and strawberries.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Eat more food. If you're starving you aren't doing it right.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    what can I add to my diet then to affect the calories but not the carbs I think thats where I am struggling

Protein, lower carb veggies (green beans, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower) and healthy fats, like avocado and fatty fish (salmon is easy). Whey protein shakes are quick and easy and there are many brands with little to no carbs and around 110 calories per serving. Non fat, plain greek yogurt with cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa and/or some whey protein powder in it for taste is one of my favorite choices when dieting.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Up your protein and fats. Get your carbs from low starch vegetables, i.e. leafy greens, broccoli, squash etc.
  • synchorswim
    synchorswim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more protein when you are working out! And at least 4 cups of veggies a day!
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Eggs, greek yogurt, avocado, cheese, oils (EVOO as part of a salad dressing, for instance), meats... Lots of options.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Deli meat, cheese, pork rind coated chicken nuggets, steak, mushrooms, OMG I AM NOW HUNGRY.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Like now. You are netting way too low. And why are you doing low carb? It's not sustainable if you're not going to keep it as a permanent lifestyle change. Why not just balance your macros out like 40/30/30? Or 30/30/40 if you want to cut out some carbs?
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Yeah, eating more (by a lot) is what you need. Add eggs, cheese, bacon, steak, cream, coconut oil, etc. The higher fat, the better.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think you probably need more calories to feel less tired.

You could swap the fruit you're having at breakfast (16g carbohydrates, 64 calories) for full fat Greek yoghurt and mixed nuts, coconut and seeds like I have sometimes. For 90g yoghurt and 30g mixed nuts, coconut and seeds it's half the carbohydrates (8g) but you get 296 calories in return.

Good luck - hope you feel better soon.