Does it count as water intake?

Options
Okay in your own eyes, when ppl add Mio flavours or (my fave) Kool-Aid ones to their water, all zero cal, fat etc, does it count as water intake or just a beverage? Same with Aquafina Plus 10 cals? Do they add towards ur water intake or do you believe they are somehow like a diet coke etc?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Mio flavors, Kool-Aid, Aquafina Plus 10 count as beverages. All liquids count as fluids.
    The Aquafina Plus also goes in the diary as food so that you can count those 10 calories toward your daily food. I hope that helped.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Everything that has water in it counts as water intake. Kool Aid, coke, ice cream, jello, soup, even cucumbers and oranges.
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Really even diet coke? I never knew that at all. I have been drinking 8 clear no adds of water flavour and the coke (diet) adding the diet as a snack, same with the 10 casl Aquafina for the 10 cals obviously. And treating and now loving all the 0 cal adds I can to my water when I want some taste. I drink a lot if I looked back lol.

So you think they count towards the water consumption at the bottom of my diary? Most ppl get 20% of water from food. So I count my fluids separate, just the Mio stuff I guess.... Just my OCD need help confirming
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Okay in your own eyes, when ppl add Mio flavours or (my fave) Kool-Aid ones to their water, all zero cal, fat etc, does it count as water intake or just a beverage? Same with Aquafina Plus 10 cals? Do they add towards ur water intake or do you believe they are somehow like a diet coke etc?

They all count as water, as does Diet Coke.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Liquid is liquid no matter what form it takes or what you put in it (although it is best not to count alcohol as fluid intake). Just count any calories.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It may all count as water. However, the caffeine in the Diet Coke is a diuretic.

That's why I don't count my morning coffee as water intake.
  • trombonegds
    trombonegds Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I personally drink at least 64 oz of H2O everyday and I count that as my daily water intake. Everything else like tea, coffee, etc is a beverage to me.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Yep it does. So does coffee, tea, pop, fruit, etc. Anything juicy. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't drink water. I don't worry about Mio.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The water I add to my protein shakes, I log the 24oz of water I put into it. Then, because the powder has nutrional value, I log that in meals. I do that the same way for tea (log water used) and add the tea bag if it has nutrional value. I don't use drops or crystal light packets but I would do the same for it.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the Kool-Aid ones too! Watermelon and Orange..mmmmm. *cough* Anyway! I count them as water. :)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    As long as alcohol counts, I'm good.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't count water intake.

Just drink water when you're thirsty, before you have the other beverages. The funny thing is, the more you drink it, the more you find yourself wanting it.

Adding water tracking to calorie tracking is too much trouble, in my opinion. It makes it unsustainable for me and far too much hassle.

Just drink it a lot and don't ignore what your body is saying when you feel thirsty. Straight water first, then whatever.
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love the Kool-Aid ones too! Watermelon and Orange..mmmmm. *cough* Anyway! I count them as water. :)

I KNOW THEY ARE SO YUMMY!!! No calories, no protein no nothing just some 0 liquid to water. Ty I will too.
    I don't count water intake.

Just drink water when you're thirsty, before you have the other beverages. The funny thing is, the more you drink it, the more you find yourself wanting it.

Adding water tracking to CALORIE tracking is too much trouble, in my opinion. It makes it unsustainable for me and far too much hassle.

Just drink it a lot and don't ignore what your body is saying when you feel thirsty. Straight water first, then whatever.

I agree, but I also wanna make sure I get the minimum. I notice the days I drink just 2 cups of water, and other stuff, I pee more put out less. Not a good feeling
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I personally drink at least 64 oz of H2O everyday and I count that as my daily water intake. Everything else like tea, coffee, etc is a beverage to me.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I don't usually hit my glasses of water mark, but every bit of plain water counts. I used to wonder whether to count water consumed with pills in my tracker, but have decided that every bit helps, so I count it.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Same. I only count water as water & log everything else I drink, even if it's zero calorie, in my diary. I just like to be able to see everything I took in at the end of the day in that format though, and don't deny that my coffee, tea, & diet Pepsi are mostly water. I just try to drink as much plain water as I can & then everything else is just added bonus.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Same. I only count water as water & log everything else I drink, even if it's zero calorie, in my diary. I just like to be able to see everything I took in at the end of the day in that format though, and don't deny that my coffee, tea, & diet Pepsi are mostly water. I just try to drink as much plain water as I can & then everything else is just added bonus.

This is what I do. I'm interested in knowing how my body responds to what I put in it so, for consistency I only log water as water. If I drink green tea it gets logged as green tea even though it has pretty close to zero calories and is mostly water. A lot of folks will log other things as water and I think that's OK too if it helps them meet their goals.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I only count actually, clear, pure water in as my water intake. It just doesn't seem right otherwise.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I only bump my water button for pure water. However, I believe that all liquids besides energy drinks and alcohol count towards intake. It is just an OCD tendency of mine with the button thing.