Happy to have found people that get it

Options
I am in need of some true support. I am thinking that I need to see a counselor. We recently moved states and when ever I go through a big change I turn to eatting.. I am one of those people that everyone thinks never has to worry about what I eat. But Lately it consumes my life. I am really lonely with no new friends so food is by myside. In the past few days I have really wanted to throwup after eattinn way TOOOOO much food. I have not. I have gained a few pounds but I feel like I did back in college , 30 pounds heavier.. I know I also have a warped view of how I look. Any advice or just knowing that I am not the only one out there.
Thanks,
:explode: :cry: :cry:
I forgot to mention that I have two young kids, my little one starts Kindy on Monday. I am really hoping that I will meet some nice moms at school. I also play tennis 4-5 times a week but had to put it on hold this summer, Kidney infection, miscarraige and 110 in Vegas. I also usually lift weights and run. I just need to get the kids going to I can get in a groove.
Oh and STOP going to cheesecake factory!!!

Replies

• MommyW
    MommyW Posts: 33
    Options
    I am in need of some true support. I am thinking that I need to see a counselor. We recently moved states and when ever I go through a big change I turn to eatting.. I am one of those people that everyone thinks never has to worry about what I eat. But Lately it consumes my life. I am really lonely with no new friends so food is by myside. In the past few days I have really wanted to throwup after eattinn way TOOOOO much food. I have not. I have gained a few pounds but I feel like I did back in college , 30 pounds heavier.. I know I also have a warped view of how I look. Any advice or just knowing that I am not the only one out there.
    Thanks,
    :explode: :cry: :cry:
    I forgot to mention that I have two young kids, my little one starts Kindy on Monday. I am really hoping that I will meet some nice moms at school. I also play tennis 4-5 times a week but had to put it on hold this summer, Kidney infection, miscarraige and 110 in Vegas. I also usually lift weights and run. I just need to get the kids going to I can get in a groove.
    Oh and STOP going to cheesecake factory!!!
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    You are not alone. I think alot of us on here turn to food in times of need. Food is comforting. Just plain and simple. You have to let it not control you anymore. Get on here...alot. There are wonderful, supportive people that can get you through each day. I know it's hard, I am the same way.

Start some exercise program too, even if it's just walking. It makes you feel so much better!

If you have kids, are there any mom's groups you could join there? Or church?

Take care, hugs, we are all here for you! :flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Was thinking why not also try the gym or some classes (Zumba is my new fave:bigsmile: ) and maybe you will meet some new people? Its always so hard starting out fresh in a new town and not knowing anyone.... but you gotta make the best of it right:ohwell: Soooo get off your hiney girl and do something about it!! the only person who can get you to lose the weight and make new friends is you.... common girl you can do this!!!

jackie
  • MommyW
    Options
    I totally agree. Thanks! Once I get the kids back in school, maybe I will get my life back on track.:wink:
  • MommyW
    Options
    Thank you:smile::flowerforyou:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Welcome and we're glad you found this place!! I've been here just short of 3 months and I love it. Everyone is so supportive and kind and motivating. They make me want to eat well and exercise every day. Give a shout out to see if there's anyone on here from where you are (or your general area) maybe you'll find someone close to you to workout with/make a new friend!!

I hope you like it here!
    Heidi :flowerforyou:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    I feel the same as you sometimes...I work from home and miss talking to people at a "real job". I was thinking maybe joining Curves or taking a Class?

Everybody here will be friends with you too! They're are so many nice people of MFP to converse with:happy:

I think you found Home here:flowerforyou:
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome and try not to get so down on yourself. Sounds like you have been riding a rollercoaster all summer. I know we will all be here to talk if you need to, this is such a supportive site.

Good luck!
    Linda
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'll be with you on Monday, my youngest starts kindergarten also! Maybe you'll meet some Moms there, or have you thought of joining a gym or MOMS group?

I work out at home (run/bike/ home workout DVD's). These forums are great support! Good luck to you & your kindergartener!

Jess
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, now you have friends. This is the best sight I have ever stumbled upon. the members are so caring and encouraging.

Tennis is a great sport-maybe look to see if anyone in the area is looking for a partner, that is what my freind did and loves it.

You are so smart for doing this now and not waiting until her weight is a real problem

Good mommy!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We are so happy to have you, and you will love how amazing all of the people are here. Their support is truly a powerful and motivational thing!

You can do this! And we're all here to help :)

:heart:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    you sounds exactly like me... one of th things that i'm trying to do is to plan out my day in the morning, with times, not necessarily what food, but definitely time. if you know there is another snack coming on an hour, you are much less likely to over eat.

eg:

breakfast: 8am
    mini snack: 9am
    morning snack: 10:30 am
    lunch: 12pm
    mini snack: 2pm
    afternoon snack: 3:30 pm
    mini snack: 5pm
    Supper: 6:30pm
    evening snack: 8pm

seems like eating alot, but if you space it out througohut the day, you're way less hungry, and are less likely to go off the deep end.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ellelit, thanks for posting as i didnt know you can change your daily food diary to include 3 snacks.

i changed it because i like to see that i have not starved myself.

I have not felt 'deprived' at all. As a matter of fact, when i have my exercise day I have to push myself to eat my exercise calories! :noway: