I need some help

Options
I need some friends to help keep me motivated... I work at a Arbys as a manager and get free food, and my boyfriend eats all junk food all the time.... I am not a cook by any means so the whole eating healthy is such a struggle for me. I need friends to keep me in line when it comes to my eating and over eating, and I need friends to teach me about foods and making healthy meals and snacks. Help me please!?!

Replies

• anabelle2mince
    Options
    haha i know I have the same problem. I struggle with overeating AND i work at dominos pizza where i get a whole free smalll pizza all to myself :O We can help each other out through this fast food nightmare! :P
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you can't cook buy meal replacement bars like Luna bars or Slimfast, etc. Buy whole grain wheat bread, mayo, mustard, deli meats that aren't in a gazillion preservatives (watch the sodium) actually weight out the 2 oz serving sizes, bulk the sandwich up with fresh produce like lettuce, onions, etc and even give yourself a slice of cheese. eat it with an apple- got to ikea and get one of those $2 apple slicers/corer- it makes me eat a lot more apples because of the easy prep. You can find some lean cuisines without preservatives that are perfect portions - just watch the sodium. SPecial K Fruit & Yogurt is something my junk food loving fiance even loves and its super good for you. The Chocolate special K is also a great one for chocolate cravings. You can buy ground turkey whole wheat spaghetti pasta and organic pasta sauce- doesnt take much cooking skills either and you can have leftovers. There's a lot more options nowadays for healthier foods that don't take a lot of prep, so good luck!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    You need to look up the nutrional values for arbys, find out what are the best choices calorie wise, then stick to this and stay away from the worst things fries, milk shakes, some of the sandwiches. Stick with the low cal choices and watch the portion sizes, also get granola bars, yogurt, instant oatmeal, apples and peanut butter, rotisserie chicken (take the skin off) canned and frozen vegetables, string cheese, microwave light popcorn, low cal cereal, bagel thins (to make sandwiches) ,soups, pretzels, bananas, rice cakes, reduced fat wheat thins. you can also buy lean cuisine meals or smart ones. I hope this helps
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I WAS never a big cook until I wanted to get healthy, I think you have to start cooking, bringing healthy things with you to work to snack on and eat for meals. First thing you do is plan a menu, you can check out my bog for a sample ( I don't plan lunches, it is almost always the same of three options, Progresso light soups, a Lean meal ( Cuisine, or Cafe, or Healthy Choice, or Pocket), and it is always eggs or oatmeal for breakfast! http://tsbblist.blogspot.com/2011/01/starting-little-early.html There are so many easy recipes out there even those of us for are not naturally cooks can find things that we really can't screw up plus since you have a little one at home it is good to learn becuase you want to feed them well.