Water! Water! Water!

Options
2»

Replies

• dixiefreebird
    dixiefreebird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking water too. I learned when I think I am hungry to drink a glass of water first then give it about 15 minutes and usually I am not hungry at all but I think my signals are mixed up. I don't really get thirsty just cotton mouth that motivates me to drink and knowing I need it I try my best to remind myself. I do like the idea to set your alarm on your phone. May have to try that

Carola
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Nothing beats an icy cold drink of water.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking water,.... unless it's coffee/tea flavored. :embarassed:

I don't drink enough either.... but I ice it and recenltly I read that adding a slice of lemon/lime, is great for your skin and works as a detox, so that is helping. I am drinking more than I used to, since I have been on here the last week or so. But normally I hate drinking water and pretty much have to make myself.

They do say that coffee and tea counts and I drink my coffee black/tea plain w/only a drizzle of honey, so I don't get that calorie blow out, from my liquids, but still....

I HATE IT! :indifferent:
    Actually I hate to burst ur bubble but I don't think coffee counts- it drains ur body of liquid. U should drink extra water if u have coffee so u stay well hydrated. Not sure about tea
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use bottled lemon or lime juice & put about 10 drops per bottle of water. It really helps with the non flavor of the water & I seem to be able to guzzle them down with no problem.

p.s. I DESPISE water :(
  • AimDoubleE
    Options
    I used to be like that then I realised the problem was that water was boring, you drank it and you know you need to drink it but its no fun to drink so I started adding crystal light to the drink a few times a day and now I am doing fine, I go over the 8 glasses a day everyday. It helped alot.

I use Crystal Light too! I hated water before I started being healthier so to jazz it up, I put Crystal Light in it (anything with pomegranate is my fave! :D) I did this for the first week and now I'm able to drink lots more of it plain and it doesn't taste bad!
  • velvetss24
    velvetss24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a large plastic tumbler that I drink out of with a straw. In the winter I dont drink as much as I should but I do try to get it down. In the summer the ice clinks around in the plastic tumbler and I love the sound. I also alternate water and a crystal light lemonade.:wink: