Ketogenic Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific A ketogenic diet that everyone is fallowing? or amount of carbs that everyone is eating? I understand the concept of the diet but no idea how many carbs should I be limited too.

I am wondering this as well. I am doing low carb LOVE it however, my weight loss is stalled and I am wondering if I need to go lower. I do strength training 3 times a week and cardio 5 times. I average 25-30 net carbs a day. Mostly from veggies and average 1400 calories a day.

No specific diet/meal plan for me, I just set my MFP ratios to 80% Fat : 15% Protein : 5% Carbs .... A 'bit' extreme, but I will change these ratios once I have get below 70Kgs.

My food diary is Open if you would like to see what I'm currently eating.
  • mcDimplez
    Options
    I was on weight watchers and stalled for a while,after hearing about keto a lot recently and researching more into keto and finding the keto reddit my fiance and I decided to try it, the last 3 weeks have been amazing. I have done a low carb diet before with emphasize on protein intake but not fat,which is the key to the hunger and cravings being gone. I eat 2-3 meals sometimes a day 0-1 snack and 100oz of water or more and the pounds are rolling off.

Its amazing to wake up not hungry and since I love cooking, I love trying all the different keto recipes and just eating whole good foods that I always thought weren't good for me, I have never felt better. If you have a low loss week try re-calculating your macros and not just looking at the percentages but the actual numbers. I had that on my 3rd realized I was eating to much protein and needed to adjust my marcos for my new weight,do this every 5-10lbs.

feel free to add me
  • gryfin
    gryfin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I buy the big bag of mozzarella sticks. I also have raw almonds everywhere i may want to snack. between the cheese and the nuts I am always good.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I buy the big bag of mozzarella sticks. I also have raw almonds everywhere i may want to snack. between the cheese and the nuts I am always good.

YES! great idea
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Restarting today ... strict under 20 carbs a day ... want to lose 80-100 lbs by my June wedding ... love new friends :)
  • BellaJo78
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new here and at this keto diet looking to find friends to challenge me n maybe find some new ideas. Add me if you like. Hope to talk soon ????
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I would not buy the snacks. You can eat cheese or beef jerky or make your own cuz its hard to find with low sugar. Macadamias are high in fat. But if you eat breakfast later and do a good fat intake you don't really need a snack cuz you can be set til dinner. Like I found sausage and also ground deer meat to be quite filling. The oils like olive oil, coconut oil, and avacados are sating. You dont really have to buy too much meat bc if you can get some from food banks if you are struggling and your portion makes it last longer as you fill up quick. Plus chew very well and you get full fsster too. Make olive oil mustard and apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper for salsd dressing eat tomato and avacado salad which is filling with the olive oil dressing. Put coconut oil on or in everything. Thrre are many different tricks to learn and thousands of ways to eat eggs and meats and veggies.