Brides on a Mission: Week 3

Options

Replies

• Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
  • Lflint09
    Options
    You can get a tattoo whenever you want! You have come so far already! I just got a tattoo in September and I am still on my weight loss journey. I got married a year ago September- my tattoo was my anniversary gift from my Husband! Good luck and I am here if you have any questions about surviving the wedding planning! :)
  • wendyfaye83
    Options
    1. Name: WENDY
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: PHILLY
    4. Occupation: NANNY/STUDENT
    5. Wedding date: 10-29-11
    6. Fiancés name: JAMES
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 YRS THIS SATURDAY
    8. Heaviest weight: 280
    9. Goal weight and date: 210
    10. Favorite type of exercise: SWIMMING
    11. Favorite healthy food RAW VEGGIES
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: I lost 0.2 pounds this week
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I had a great chat with my best friend, who moved away for school.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I am having a hard time motivating myself to work out.
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: No ring, we decided to keep it simple since we already have a child and a house.
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Agreeing on an officiant. I would prefer a secular wedding and he would prefer a church wedding.
    6. Any wedding news updates: Nothing to report.
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Cheese for sure. I allow calories so I can have it.
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Great, I've been working really hard to eat more, and adding them to sandwiches and so on.
    9. Weekly wrap up: It was a pretty good week. I really need to get more exercise, but I also need to stop beating myself up so much!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 3
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: last week 146.8...this week up .2 to 147.0 TOM is on her way... ugh...what to do!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):got to 145lbs was an orginal goal a long time ago for me....was so excited...and posted a success thread with pics... =) and my best friend is gona take pics of my wedding as a gift ...she wanted to get into photography so i asked if she would do it she said yes....yay!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my son who is 3yrs is drivin me nuts-O! testing my patience....found out that my hubby is losing his job as early as april...his boss is losing his house and moving to florida where he has property and is leaving his 2 man company behind...(just my hubby n his boss work together doing drywall).... =( his boss is also a family friend...i was ballin my eye balls out when i found out! still unsure what were gona do ...hes already started looking for jobs... my hubby is our main source of income i can only work parttime rite now... also motivating my self to work out!

4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: i have one but getting a new one due to a long story involving my parents....so lets just say this engagment ring will be picked out by my finace instead of my parents....ill post pics as soon as i get it!

5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: findin a justice of the peace but luckily already found one for 150$ and she will customize to how we want the cermoney done! oh and planning with out our families knowing....so i cant ask for help im doing all this on my own with a lil imput form my hubby!

6. Any wedding news updates: wedding is planned hopefully stays that way (dont forget were eloping so there wasnt much to plan to begin with) ...just wanting to put this plan in process.. with money in the next week or so ..with dress n shoe shopping,...excited...now im anxious to just get married so excited....

7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Sweets anything... love chocolate

8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): SO SO....most of the week i ate veggies id say i did great!

9. Weekly wrap up: happy wedding is done now we just gotta set things in stone with money...n wait for the day to come...also hopefully my finace finds a job before he does have one anymore...stress is killin me and hopeing my son of a 3yr old straightens his additude out cuz im going crazy with him talking back n tellin me no..and not listenin to a word i tell him
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: 3 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): We booked our photographer, dj, and picked out the tuxes and we also have our venue, caterer, and cake so...feeling good about the wedding!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Yesterday I ate poorly and too much, I am still really frustrated that I let myself slip, especially right before weigh in today. Boo
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: I don't know how to add a photo here? I will add it to the pictures on my profile.
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Spending money. :-) I am lucky that my mom and dad really want to be able to take care of a lot of this for us, but I still feel guilty because, as is everyone, they are feeling the economy right now. :-/ I am a teacher and I recently accepted a full time nanny position this summer which will about double my income....hoping I can help out a lot then!
    6. Any wedding news updates: Put a check by the venue, catering, cake, tuxes, dj, photographer, save the dates, and favors. :-)
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Chocolate. I love cheese but it really bothers my stomach
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Good! I did a lot better about fitting in more veggies, although I still think I am below the amount the recommend.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Well....2 weeks, 8lbs. I'll be honest and say I am starting to feel a little discouraged...I know I am doing pretty well but it seems like so so so far to go...I'm struggling to see the prize at the end of all this.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: 3 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): We booked our photographer, dj, and picked out the tuxes and we also have our venue, caterer, and cake so...feeling good about the wedding!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Yesterday I ate poorly and too much, I am still really frustrated that I let myself slip, especially right before weigh in today. Boo
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: I don't know how to add a photo here? I will add it to the pictures on my profile.
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Spending money. :-) I am lucky that my mom and dad really want to be able to take care of a lot of this for us, but I still feel guilty because, as is everyone, they are feeling the economy right now. :-/ I am a teacher and I recently accepted a full time nanny position this summer which will about double my income....hoping I can help out a lot then!
    6. Any wedding news updates: Put a check by the venue, catering, cake, tuxes, dj, photographer, save the dates, and favors. :-)
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Chocolate. I love cheese but it really bothers my stomach
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Good! I did a lot better about fitting in more veggies, although I still think I am below the amount the recommend.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Well....2 weeks, 8lbs. I'll be honest and say I am starting to feel a little discouraged...I know I am doing pretty well but it seems like so so so far to go...I'm struggling to see the prize at the end of all this.

AW but you're doing awesome...don't get discouraged...3lbs is fantastic. You're definitely on a mission to get your wedding planned...and everything seems to be going according to plan. Don't worry about yesterday's eating, don't ruin today by worrying about yesterday's problems. keep going, you're motivating us all!
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    HI BRIDES!!!!!!

Brides on a Mission: week 3 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)

1. Weight loss/inches lost: SO I LOST MY FIRST POUND WOOHOOO~!!! TOOK ABOUT 3 WEEKS BUT THATS OK ILL TAKE IT. ALSO 1 INCH OF MY HIPS AND 1/2 INCH OF MY WAIST

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): BOOKED MY REHERSAL DINNER AND PICK UP MY WEDDING DRESS IT FITS PERFECT BUT IM NOT GETTING IT SIZED UNTIL I LOSS 7 MORE POUNDS :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): PATRIOTS AWFUL LOSS TO THE JETS UGH PUSHED ME TO EAT A CALZONE!~!!

4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: TAKEN DURING MY ENGAGEMENT SHOOT.. CUPCAKE WAS MY PHOTOGRAPHERS IDEA HAHA I WONDER IF SHE KNEW MY WEAKNESS~~!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=37279051&id=24200543

5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: GETTING MY GUESTS CORRECT ADDRESSES WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE!??!?!!

6. Any wedding news updates: JUST THAT I PICKED UP MY DRESS AND ITS BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT. REHERSAL DINNER BOOKED, SAVE THE DATES ARE MAILED!!!!

7. What is your guilty pleasure food: ANY CAKE/CUPCAKE/BROWNIE/ICE CREAM COMBO!!!

8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): YES DOUBLE UP ON THE VEGGIES AT DINNER!!!!

9. Weekly wrap up: HOPING FOR ANOTHER POUND THIS WEEK!! goodluck
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    HI BRIDES!!!!!!

1. Weight loss/inches lost: SO I LOST MY FIRST POUND WOOHOOO~!!! TOOK ABOUT 3 WEEKS BUT THATS OK ILL TAKE IT. ALSO 1 INCH OF MY HIPS AND 1/2 INCH OF MY WAIST

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): BOOKED MY REHERSAL DINNER AND PICK UP MY WEDDING DRESS IT FITS PERFECT BUT IM NOT GETTING IT SIZED UNTIL I LOSS 7 MORE POUNDS :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): PATRIOTS AWFUL LOSS TO THE JETS UGH PUSHED ME TO EAT A CALZONE!~!!

4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: TAKEN DURING MY ENGAGEMENT SHOOT.. CUPCAKE WAS MY PHOTOGRAPHERS IDEA HAHA I WONDER IF SHE KNEW MY WEAKNESS~~!!

5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: GETTING MY GUESTS CORRECT ADDRESSES WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE!??!?!!

6. Any wedding news updates: JUST THAT I PICKED UP MY DRESS AND ITS BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT. REHERSAL DINNER BOOKED, SAVE THE DATES ARE MAILED!!!!

7. What is your guilty pleasure food: ANY CAKE/CUPCAKE/BROWNIE/ICE CREAM COMBO!!!

8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): YES DOUBLE UP ON THE VEGGIES AT DINNER!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=37279014&id=24200543 thats my RING i think i dont know how to post a photo sorry.
  • alli1024
    Options
    Getting to know each other (I'm new!)
    1. Name: Alli
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Buffalo
    4. Occupation: Graduate Student
    5. Wedding date: June 4th 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Donnie
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7+ years
    8. Heaviest weight: 175
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 by March 26th (the date of my wedding shower)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: elliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: broccoli!

1. Weight loss/inches lost: 5lbs since Jan 1st (when I started MFP) and 20 lbs since August (when I was 175)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): we decided on a cake! delicious!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): the semester started back up at school-last semester ever though!
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: I don't have a pick handy but its a round cut 1carat solitaire. he picked it out and did a great job!
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: trying to juggle planning with grad school work
    6. Any wedding news updates: i set my first wedding dress fitting for March 8th!
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: chicken wings (im from Buffalo, NY!)
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet):
    9. Weekly wrap up: this is a great group, so glad I found it!
  • dolphinkates
    dolphinkates Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Katie Warmenhoven
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Federal Way, WA
    4. Occupation: health care
    5. Wedding date: August 27, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Jon
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: almost 2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 178, CW 169
    9. Goal weight and date: 135 by 6/18/11
    10. Favorite type of exercise: kickboxing
    11. Favorite healthy food: cashews and cranberries

1. Weight loss/inches lost: 9 lbs since last June when I started Flat Belly Diet
    2. Highlight of the past week: narrowed down father/daughter song and processional
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): found out i can't apply to my 2nd top nursing school because I won't be a licensed CNA in time for the app due date...wish me luck on my other apps
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: we haven't picked one out yet but I want to get a 3 stone
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: nothing yet, everything's been pretty easy
    6. Any wedding news updates: I have 3 dress try on appts in the next month
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: dark chocolate
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet):
    9. Weekly wrap up: this is a great group, so glad I found it!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    HI BRIDES!!!!!!

hi jackie tryed the link for ur ring n it dont show ......=(
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I'm a little late this week with my update :) But here we go....

1. Weight loss/inches lost: -.6 lbs and I'll take it!! I would love to lose more but I'm aiming for between 1-2 lbs a week to be realistic and do something i can stick with!!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Hmmm nothing too exciting happened that I can remember.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): was feeling a little down on myself for not working out more but decided to focus on this week!! I have 1 workout in and plan to get another in today.
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: Ah but I don't have one yet lol. We have looked but haven't settled on anything.
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: N/A
    6. Any wedding news updates: N/A
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Chocolate or Pizza yummmm made some brownies and snuck a couple small ones!!
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): I did pretty good! Haven't checked the site (crazy i know!) but I have been making a habit of brining them to work with me And incorporating into meals so I am having much more than before.
    9. Weekly wrap up: All in All it was not a "Bad" week, but wasn't "Great". I feel like I am sticking with it but could always do better. I need to make workouts a consistent part of my healthy change!! And I would like to get my elliptical out of the cold garage and inside so I can use it without freezing my butt off (its MIchigan!!! so collllddd)

Talk to ya'all soon :)
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    aww man yah i dont know how to post photos on the topic posts... do you?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

go to photobucket, upload your picture there, then copy the IMG code (easy to find, it's like the url, there's a list) onto here, and then change the IMG part to img (lower case)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: when we got engaged in 2009, so few children were in our lives we said 'no kids' for the wedding (this also ensured that his coworker's obnoxious kids weren't there). Since then, 7 babies have been born...all to close friends. Since the oldest will be 18 months, we're having trouble figuring out how to accommodate all the babies. Anyone been in this situation???

My fiance and I have decided to have an adult only reception. We're writing this on the response cards for the RSVPs. Basically, it will be ages 12 and up, which will save us from having to feed the little ones and/or provide a babysitter and games for them. I know it might effect how many attend, but we've taken the stance that the people that really want to be there to support us will find a babysitter on their own. We've already told immediate family members about this, reiterating the fact that our budget is limited as well as the venue seating space. We simply can't hold everyone if children come!

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    6. Any wedding news updates: Everything is ready to go I think, got the order of service and hymns sorted

One thing that I'm finding to be the biggest challenge is picking out songs for the service and reception, as well as readings for the service. Any suggestions?

So far we have:

Ceremony
    Debbie Gibson - For Better or For Worse (Processional), Sixpense None the Richer - Kiss Me (Recessional)

Reception
    Pink - Let's Get the Party Started (Wedding Party Entrance)
    Joe Scarbury - Believe it Or Not (Bride/Groom Entrance)
    Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the Sky (First Dance)
    Moody Blues - The Voice (Father/Daughter Dance)
    Pink Floyd - Money (Dollar Dance)
    Barbara Streisand - If I Could (Mother/Son Dance)

We have NO readings whatsoever and I have no clue about those!:-P

Shannon
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

go to photobucket, upload your picture there, then copy the IMG code (easy to find, it's like the url, there's a list) onto here, and then change the IMG part to img (lower case)

Thanks! I will post this from now on in the main post each week. :happy:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Hey ladies!

So I have been really working on this weeks challange.
    -Monday I did an extra 10 min on the eliptical after my C25K treadmill workout.
    -Tuesday I went to my hot yoga class...it's somewhat hard to workout extra since it is such an intense 90min class and the end of class the room is dedicated to 'peace and stillness" aka no talking or moving; so I just sat there in peace and stillness taking 10 minutes to myself resting and relaxing. I know it wasn't burning calories but it was great!
    -Today I did an extra 10 min on the bike (had some technical issues with one bike and had to swich to another! grr I hate when that happends!)

Hope everyone else is challenging them selfs! I am off to finish making a fab dinner of crock pot post roast with tons of veggies, garlic mashed taters, and asparagus with lemon and pepper...YUM!
    Natalie :tongue:
  • delfin59
    Options
    Hi I'm new too! Hope it's not too late to join this group! :)

1. Name: Muna
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Evanston, IL
    4. Occupation: Grad student
    5. Wedding date: August 27, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Irving
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years 1 month
    8. Heaviest weight: 145
    9. Goal weight and date: 123 by June 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running (more like jogging right now, trying to run faster)
    11. Favorite healthy food: Any kind of fruit!

1. Weight loss/inches lost: 3.2lbs since Jan 1, moving very slowly :(
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): spent long weekend in NY and had so much fun ;)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): never ending pile of school work :(
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: mie122210_061.jpg
    I have 2 rings! 1 was a filler ring (the mickey mouse one) that he picked out for me (I helped too by hinting it thousand times that I like that ring :D) and the 'real' ring we picked it out together
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: juggling between school and wedding planning is definitely not easy. And also long distance planning doesn't work that well either.
    6. Any wedding news updates: The fiancé is making our website now and hopefully it'll be done by the end of this month!
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: ice cream
    9. Weekly wrap up: this group is fun! :D