tried to lose weight before?

Options
hello everyone, so i was wondering... how many people here have tried to lose weight before but weren't that motivated and gave up? cause i have done that 3 times, but for some reason this time around i am REALLY motivated, i just want to exercise all day! :D

Replies

• mutleyreid
    Options
    Yep. I think there comes a time when you just wake up to reality. You go into a shop to buy something pretty and you pick up the size you were as a teenager and SHOCK HORROR does not fit....

Whether it be health issues or simply finding that perfect outfit something just clicks in your head and you want to stick at it this time. Its like I have woken up from some dream, I too have nothing but motivation now.

Good luck!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my 7th day and I don't know what was different this time, but something clicked and I feel more serious about the lifestyle change than I ever felt before- and I'm feeling great and loving the healthy foods. We CAN do this! :)
  • autumnbreeze89
    Options
    I have definitely tried losing weight, and gave up plenty of times.
    But this seems to be working great. I have been on here for a little bit over a month.
    And theres a few times i wanted to give up, but i kept going. And i have lost weight

You can do it!
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Yup , tried a few times and found that I really was not all that motivated to cut the calories OR exercise. The only time I lost a whole lot of weight years and years ago is when I went on the Jenny Crank diet...yeah, it worked for me , was so thin it was ridiculous but I gained it all back and then some. You know what is making me serious? MFP ...it makes me accountable for what I am eating and for some reason seeing it right in my face what I am doing right (and wrong) has made me really want to lose that weight! I got a lot to lose , but I'm gonna do it and I'm sure you will too! Good luck!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You know what is making me serious? MFP ...it makes me accountable for what I am eating and for some reason seeing it right in my face what I am doing right (and wrong) has made me really want to lose that weight! ...

I agree!
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    well i'm glad i'm not the only one. i only started exercising today but i had been eating less and i've already lost 2lbs :D when i saw that i could lose weight without really trying it was kinda just like "imagine if i actually tried"

i absolutely love this site. i'm on it all the time :) i love how easy it is to add your food and exercise, i've been on other sites and it was always confusing, whereas this one is so simple! :)
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've tried time and time again to lose weight for the past 8 years. This time something just clicked! I think MFP has helped a lot too. And although I'm only going into my third week, I'm doing better than I ever have before. Just need to start squeezing exercise into my daily routine. ;P
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    i reckon the reason that people are doing so good with MFP is because everything you do goes on a news feed so you want people to see that you are under your calorie goal and that you are exercising and everything. its VERY motivating! :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I tried before, and succeeded, but then started having problems with my marriage, and it all went to Hell after that. Now I'm bigger than what I was before last time. I even got pics on my profile of the change I made. Now I need to do it again.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am always trying tolose weight (in my head!) and i am just so tirrrred of feeling guilty when i eat or getting upset about how i look. My housemate is dieting at the minute and looking at her is motivating me,eating crispsin the house is becoming a secret!haha.

I really hope using this site will make me accountable for what i'm putting into my body!

Good luck everyone!
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm always trying to lose weight too - but at the moment I'm very dis-spirited about it all.. I don't eat junk food, I try to get at least a brisk walk in every day (also do zumba once a week, and a power walking dvd twice a week)...and yet I cannot shift the weight! My sig box shows 8lbs lost I think..but the majority of that is extra I gained over xmas...and the rest seems to come and go at will - I seem unable to get below 152lbs, no matter what I do.

My bf says I'm not eating enough...but I eat my calories every day (always seem to be way too low on protien..but I can't think what else I can do to help that)...I don't have the time or money to spend ages in the kitchen cooking/preparing stuff...so I just try to eat lots of fruit and veg, avoid potatoes and bread...so yeah...sorry to bring the thread down a bit. I seem to have highs and lows...one min I'm really positive about it all and have a really good attitude...and the next I've dissolved into a puddle on the floor!

Anyway...I'll shut up now - I should probably have started a new thread for this post..but it wasn't intended to be a "downer" when I started it...sorry :ohwell:

Good luck with your WL everyone!