Why Do Males Have Nipples?

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
Other than to keep me entertained of course.

Replies

• MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    To keep you entertained...why else?
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It's not something I can tell you, it can only be experienced.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Cause it's fun to have something to lick while on top.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I thought it had to do with the way that the body develops in the womb before the sex is formed (shaped?).
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    Cause it's fun to have something to lick while on top.

lol..where have u been all my life
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I thought it had to do with the way that the body develops in the womb before the sex is formed (shaped?).

well someone sucked the joy out of this thread, with their science and whatnot.. and yeah nipples are more a trait of being a mammal rather than being a female mammal
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

yes. basically a foetus up to the age of about 14 weeks gestation will develop the same way, whether male or female, and all the parts are there, just in an androgenous, undeveloped form. If it has a Y chromosome, this causes it to start to develop as a male. The absence of a Y chromosome it develops into a female. Males and females have all equivalent parts, which start to develop as one or the other at this stage in gestation. The penis and *kitten* are obviously equivalent... but less obvious equivalents are the uterus and the sac where sperms are stored (if I recall correctly.... actually I can't remember all the exact details, i.e every single part that's equivalent but there are equivalents for everything)... males have nipples for basically the same reason why a woman has a *kitten*. Mostly it's an accident of development but it also has a lot of potential for fun. Who says science has to kill all the fun? Enjoying sex is crucial for animal evolution and evolution can make things that may seem to have developed accidentally to have a useful purpose.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

yes. basically a foetus up to the age of about 14 weeks gestation will develop the same way, whether male or female, and all the parts are there, just in an androgenous, undeveloped form. If it has a Y chromosome, this causes it to start to develop as a male. The absence of a Y chromosome it develops into a female. Males and females have all equivalent parts, which start to develop as one or the other at this stage in gestation. The penis and *kitten* are obviously equivalent... but less obvious equivalents are the uterus and the sac where sperms are stored (if I recall correctly.... actually I can't remember all the exact details, i.e every single part that's equivalent but there are equivalents for everything)... males have nipples for basically the same reason why a woman has a *kitten*. Mostly it's an accident of development but it also has a lot of potential for fun. Who says science has to kill all the fun? Enjoying sex is crucial for animal evolution and evolution can make things that may seem to have developed accidentally to have a useful purpose.

BOOM- Scienced.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It's just there to tease females...don'tchya know?
  • alanbyamiii
    alanbyamiii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the same reason cat's pur
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

well someone sucked the joy out of this thread, with their science and whatnot.. and yeah nipples are more a trait of being a mammal rather than being a female mammal

Sorry, I just came from the "Where does fat go" thread.

Lots of syences there.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Congrats. You just made science sexy somehow.

xQ0U1.gif
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    For a piece of ice, a warm.. Getting carried away. Just for show :)
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the science, but I think we have them to be reminded of our inherent uselessness unless we are doing things to please women (said no guy ever).
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I think neandermagon just won the internet.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

In summary....because mammals.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For women, right?
  • ZeloHello
    ZeloHello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To put chocolate sauce on them

Yum yum
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member