I want fast food!! :-(

Options
I just started this week with eating healthier and doing exercise. The problem is that I want to eat fast food: burgers, fries... how can I stop thinking about it? I don't want to gain weight anymore...:frown:

Replies

• jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What are some of your favorite non-fast food food's?

Keep those around and in the house!!!

For me- love hummus and pita
    Watermelon/cantaloupe
    carrots
    apple and PB
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can still eat fast food and lose weight, it just depends on what you are eating and the quantity.

Last night I had 4 chicken nuggets and a medium fry and stayed under my limit. If you want something you can also exercise hard that day and treat yourself, just don't go overboard.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It does get easier. I do not crave it near as often as I used to. How about I tell you what I heard on the radio today? Burger King has sent out a statement to confirm that they do in fact use horse meat in their burgers in the UK. They said only in the UK but you do have to wonder. Gross! I used to love Burger King too. I would stop and get a double cheeseburger and fries after classes...yum!

But yes the cravings do subside. Now if I get a craving for it I go get it. I do however do not get a double cheeseburger or a large fry anymore. I get a single and a small fry.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Eat fast food then. Just set some limits for yourself...like, I'll have one fast food meal per week, and keep it under x number of calories (and/or fat, sodium, etc).

I usually have at least 1 fast food meal every week. My dad and I go to lunch on Tuesdays and it's often Steak N' Shake where I get a double steakburger with lettuce & onion and enjoy every bite of around 400 cal. It's not something I'd eat every day nor would I add fries and a shake...but it's perfectly fine as PART of a healthy overall diet, in my opinion.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can find all of the nutritional information for all of the fast food places online. Look it up, decide what works for you and fits your goals and order some fast food.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Have the fast food. Fit it into your calorie and macro goals.

Rinse, repeat, be happy!

You'll find you can't eat out all the time and still make your calorie/macros, so make eating out a treat that you can do every couple of days.

:flowerforyou:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    It does get easier. I do not crave it near as often as I used to. How about I tell you what I heard on the radio today? Burger King has sent out a statement to confirm that they do in fact use horse meat in their burgers in the UK. They said only in the UK but you do have to wonder. Gross! I used to love Burger King too. I would stop and get a double cheeseburger and fries after classes...yum!

But yes the cravings do subside. Now if I get a craving for it I go get it. I do however do not get a double cheeseburger or a large fry anymore. I get a single and a small fry.

Why is horse meat any grosser than cow or chicken?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Start with the telling yourself you can't have it. I know for myself if you tell me No I can't do this, I want it even more.

If you want fast food work it into your day. Stop looking at food as good or bad, it's food.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    You can find all of the nutritional information for all of the fast food places online. Look it up, decide what works for you and fits your goals and order some fast food.

This is great advise, and pre log it. Go, have what you want because you made a conscious choice what to have, not something you chose on a whim and end up going over.

I am planning a Wendy's pretzel bun burger, I cant wait. I may even factor in a frosty.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas and comments everybody... All of this really does help me a lot... I'll try that idea to pre log it to see how it goes. Thanks! :smile:
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Another idea, make it at home with healthier ingredients
    eg. for the burger you could make it out of super lean ground beef, and if you need the bun enjoy it or opt for a lower calorie bun. or eat it with lettuce. can make it with light cheese and dijonaise (i haven't tried it, but I heard its really yummy if you love mayo) and tomato
    for fries: cut up a potato or sweet potato or sqaush or zucchini, cut into fries, sprinkle with sea salt toss with olive oil (or spray with nonstick spray if you aren't afraid of chemicals
    ketchup/ barbeque sauce: if your concerned about sugar, i know there is lower sugar varieties. I've heard of a lot of people who put vinegar on their fries (not my thing but might be an option) or just measure it out and log it and except that you gotta enjoy life once in awhile
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Why can't you still fit in some fast food.... I do and I still managed to lose a few pounds..... Best of Luck
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Find lower calorie options that satisfy your cravings and fit into your macros. I used to always get the huge sandwiches wherever I went. Now, say, if I go to Wendy's I get a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and side salad for less calories than I used to consume on the larger burgers or chicken.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food several meals a week, and I'm losing weight. I'm going to McDonald's tonight and I'm going to have a McDouble (no fries.) I figure out how to make it work within my calories.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone, make it fit!! :wink:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday night I had lindt chocolate for dinner, it was amazing. I still lost weight becasue it was within my calorie range.
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    Pre-logging saved me today! I ran out of time to cook so wound up getting fast food. Prelogging made me re-think my usual order and choose an equally tasty but (slightly) better meal. I just have to make sure I make healthy choices for dinner. To make up for the fast food I am leaving starches out of my dinner.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

Why is horse meat any grosser than cow or chicken?

Because we look at horses as pets and intelligent creatures, and cows and chickens are just dumb meat.
    Gotta love the double standard. :laugh:
    But if it tastes good and is sanitary, does it really matter?
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in agreement with everyone else that you can make it fit in to your overall diet every now and then, but I also wanted to throw out another idea. I just wonder if maybe your body isn't getting enough healthy fat (and/or salt) now with the diet changes you are making and is sending you signals you want fast food when maybe some healthy fats would help satisfy that craving? Just a thought. :) Best of luck!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You can eat fast food and still lose weight. It's all about moderation and portion control. If you want a burger and fries, order a hamburger and fry off the kid's menu from McD's, Burger King, Wendy's, wherever you like.

Another suggestion would be to make your own burger and fries! Just as good, if not better.