Map My Walk - Anyone else using it?

Options
Hey All,

I downloaded this app called MapMyWalk, and it uses the Map My Fitness website. So far it seems great, and I thought I'd share my find, and ask if there are others on here that use it.

I'm liking the fact that I can create predefined courses and such to follow prior to going out, and the fact that it provides calories and takes elevation changes into account is great too, especially since it was free. Only thing I wish is that there was a way to have it automatically post my exercise to my MFP account, but at least I can manually input it.

Replies

• MissJES89
    MissJES89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a wee while and really like it. I like beating how fast I walked a route the time before :)
  • tfisher679
    tfisher679 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure but I use Mapmyfitness and I think they are basically the same website. I really like it also but the coach voice on it can be a little annoying at times if the GPS cant find you at all times. There should be a way to sync this page and Map My Walk if you go into either app settings. I know I've got mine set up. Might take awhile for the two apps to talk to each other but they can.
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun- I've been having major issues with the GPS being inaccurate on it and saying I ran way farther than I did.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used that once, but I really like Endomondo more!
  • jaset_uk
    Options
    You *can* link your MapMyFitness/Walk account to your MyFitnessPal account and have the MapMyWalk app post your workouts into MyFitnessPal. Take a look at http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/8148222-synchronization
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWak and it syncs to MFP as soon as I finish and save the workout. I don't remember how I set it up but I know there's a way to.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i use map my fitness, which works the same way, and while i don't use their pre-defined routes, i like it for the most part.

the catch is it's showing me walking pretty slowly (usually 2 miles per hour while i'm jamming) where other apps and pedometers show me going 3 miles per hour or more, so i just switched to endomondo, which shows my faster speed.

anyway, like map my fitness and endomondo, and linked 'em both to MFP.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I will be trying map my walk out for the first time tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to it. I used S Health this morning and the miles and calorie burn were consistent with my pedometers but I was not happy with how it stored my info and I made the switch to map my walk.

Oops....I lied. I will be trying out Runkeeper in the morning.
  • micheal_2014
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone who mentioned how to link the two! So useful :D
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have Map My Walk app on my phone. Its great syncs to MFP and has all sorts of exercise to choose from.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I loved it!! I stopped using it though because running the location services makes my phone die faster than I appreciate :)