Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 day shred progress

Hello, I started the 30 day shred program wiht Jillian last week on 1-11-11. as of today I am onto level 2. but I have lost 5.5 pounds. I am doing it 6 days a week. with sunday as my rest day. I have lost inch wise;

waist- 1 inch
upper arms- .50 inches
hips- 1 inch
thighs- 1 inch

so anyone else doing it or have done it. I have quite alot of weight to lose, so hopefully my metobilsm stays up and i can continue to lose wieght and inches.

anyone have any tips, or if you are doing it, post your progress, or if you completed it then your overall progress. I find it challenge for me since i am overweight. I am also watching what i eat, i eat about 4-6 times a day, small meals, or snacks. i am averaging about 1200 calories, sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more. but my fat intake is lower, i watch my carbs alot.

any inspiration is encouraged!

Replies

• snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    if you start to plateau on her program (i.e. your body gets used to it) you could switch it up and do something like Power 90. I was on a plateau for about a month and i started this program saturday and have already lost a lb. :) i've done the 30 day shred like..twice haha. i gave up on it because..well i dont have any excuses but it is what it is :) good luck on your journey!! i've lost 27lbs so far :)
  • i am doing the video i have heard a lot of women dont lose a lot of weight from it but they get way better strong muscle. I switch it up everyday i do her video only three times a week on mon, wes, and friday. Then i do other stuff like belly dancing i know it sounds silly but its fun and great on the abs, the walk the miles video etc. I get bored easy if i do the same video. But congrats on going to level two I am still on level one : ) and i have lost 6 lbs in three weeks and i take at least one day of a break to let my body rest and of course lots of water

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • i am doing the video i have heard a lot of women dont lose a lot of weight from it but they get way better strong muscle. I switch it up everyday i do her video only three times a week on mon, wes, and friday. Then i do other stuff like belly dancing i know it sounds silly but its fun and great on the abs, the walk the miles video etc. I get bored easy if i do the same video. But congrats on going to level two I am still on level one : ) and i have lost 6 lbs in three weeks and i take at least one day of a break to let my body rest and of course lots of water

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • zowie717
    zowie717 Posts: 9 Member
    i am planning on adding running to my daily exercise on top of this after this week so that my body doesnt get use to it. as i only want to do it once. then move onto a different dvd but continue my running 3 times a week. hopefully the change up will prevent the stall... thank you.....keep up your great work!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I started my first 30 days 1.5 months into my fitness with a 17lbs lost already, so when i finished i was able to lose 8lbs more.
    went from 32in waist to 27. today is my 24th day on my 2nd round, i will weigh in and measure when im done
    keep shredding!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I am on Day 12 right now. So far i've lost 1lb :( BOOOO lol
  • AWESOME - keep up the good work - Im rooting for all of us ;0)

3853534.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Well Im starting mine today So I will keep you posted!!! Dont give up :)
  • zowie717
    how about your inches and stamina??? i bet those have imporved..; )
  • zowie717
    awesome! thank you for the progress and inspiration. ; )
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    I had success in the past (2009) and completed the 30 days straight. Towards the last part of the program (middle of level 2) I started running/jogging 1-2 miles afterwards. I felt I wasn't getting enough cardio to really lose. I love how short the workouts are and my arms and shoulders looked great. I also continued an extra 15 days on the shred - after the 30 days I would complete different level each day (which means I did level 1 (mon), level 2 (tues), level 3 (wed), then start all over) for the extra 15 days along with running/jogging 1-2 miles.

As a result I lost 12 lbs in "45" days of the shred, had arm/shoulder definition, and ab lines :wink: . I also think my core was much stronger with the plyometrics work in level 2 & 3 especially. I did have more endurance to run longer as the program came to an end.

Hope this helps. I modified the program to speed up my results and it worked! I am on the program again because I didn't maintain like I should have. I know what works for my body and I think it's perfect for a busy mother like myself.
  • zowie717
    wonderful..thank you for the detail! I will keep that in mind and keep up your great work.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    I ordered this and can't wait to get it and try it!!!! :)
  • I had success in the past (2009) and completed the 30 days straight. Towards the last part of the program (middle of level 2) I started running/jogging 1-2 miles afterwards. I felt I wasn't getting enough cardio to really lose. I love how short the workouts are and my arms and shoulders looked great. I also continued an extra 15 days on the shred - after the 30 days I would complete different level each day (which means I did level 1 (mon), level 2 (tues), level 3 (wed), then start all over) for the extra 15 days along with running/jogging 1-2 miles.

As a result I lost 12 lbs in "45" days of the shred, had arm/shoulder definition, and ab lines :wink: . I also think my core was much stronger with the plyometrics work in level 2 & 3 especially. I did have more endurance to run longer as the program came to an end.

Hope this helps. I modified the program to speed up my results and it worked! I am on the program again because I didn't maintain like I should have. I know what works for my body and I think it's perfect for a busy mother like myself.

that's fanvelous! I want to try this in addition to maybe 30-45 minutes on the arc trainer/day. Hopefully I can replicate your results :)
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    I did the entire program 3 times last year. I lost about 15 pounds which was 10% of my body weight. I fell off the wagon for a while, but am back. I love the original Shred, but recently got Shred it with Weights. It is a great compliment to the original Shred. Good luck!
  • zowie717
    great! i wonder if that is the one i have. because i use weights with it. i bought this one at target few weeks ago. i will have to check when i get home. Thank you!
  • That's awesome!! Sounds like you've done some good work so far. I actually just bought the 30 day shred, and today is gonna be my official first day. :D
  • bsh81
    bsh81 Posts: 9
    I'm just finishing circuit #1 of the 30DS, and here are my stats:

9.1 lbs lost
    Arms: 0.5" lost
    High waist: 2.5" lost
    Low waist: 1" lost
    Thigh: 0.5" lost
    Arm: 0.5" lost

However, keep in mind that this coincides with a lot of other changes in my exercise / diet routine that started right when I was starting this program:
    1. Eating approx. 1450 cals / day (1200 + 250 exercise)
    2. Cutting out cokes and drinking 2 liters of water / day
    3. Just exercising.... this accounts for the first time exercising in about 10 years. I do the 30DS five times / week.

Hope this helps!
  • zowie717
    thatnks so much for the posts and progress. i will be posting my weekly progress on here. so saturday I will post my stats again.. anyone who wants to friend me please do. I can use all the support i can get.. :
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    I have been doing the 30 day shred for 18 consecutive days, no rest days because I just want to get in the habit of exercising each day. I have lost 3 pounds but not really worried about what the scale says because I can tell a huge difference in my clothes. Pants are much loser and my arms, abs and butt are more defined. I feel stronger and have more energy. My tummy doesn't flop as much as it did prior to this workout, thighs also are not slapping together anymore. So I am assuming I am gaining muscle that is why the scale is not moving quickly. I am okay with that. I have lost weight quickly in the past just by dieting only to have it ninja me two months later with all of it gained back. This time I am going slow and steady. A pound a week is my goal so so far I have met my goal. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!