Why haven't I lost any weight?

Options
So i started dieting and exercising on the 2nd of jan. I lost 7lbs in my first week and 4lbs in my second week, but this week it's saying i've put on weight. i've been having 1200 calories a day and following a basically vegetarian diet and exercising so i dont understand what have i done wrong?
please help!

Replies

• bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hang in here your body is just trying to catch up with you! Its probably just gone into a little bit of schock you have lost a lot in two weeks now you just need to let it recover. Just carry doing what you are doing and see what happens next week.

Good Luck

Mandy x
  • yoyo1
    yoyo1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i agree, just keep doing what your doing , you are doing really well :bigsmile:
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Make sure you take measurements because sometimes you will not lose on the scale but still be losing inches. This will help you know whats going on a little better.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    have you been eating back exercised calories ?
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    I agree Keep doing what your doing. I ran into the same problem. The scale was not moving but I;ve lost inches. Your doing Great!!!!!
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have to agree also. You will loose weight just not as fast. It's seems to be the trend when first loosing weight. Just make sure you are getting enough protein on your vegie diet. If you aren't getting enough your body will use your mussel and that's a bad thing.
    I wish you the best.
  • fatgirlslim47
    Options
    This happened to me last week too, but I have kept at it and although I have only lost 1 1/2 this week, putting me back to where I was last week my tummy feels as if its gone down a lot. have you got a pair of trousers or a skirt you cant get into? if so use your clothes as a semi measuring tool. I have a pair of black cords that last week I had to struggle to do the button up on and everytime I pulled the zip up it went back down(oh shame!!!) but this week they do up and the zip stays up for a few seconds.

Jackie
  • semiquaver
    Options
    Yep me too. My scales went up 2lb this morning from yesterday. The food I ate would not weight two pounds and I went for an hours walk.

The problem is I weigh myself twice a day which the experts tell you is not a good idea.

I know this but I can't help it. I just keep in mind that my weight (according to the scales) will peak and trough so i try not to worry.

Providing I am lighter at the end of the week than I was at the beginning I am happy.