desserts

Options
any good desserts recipies out there.....I need one for Saturday for people who are not on a diet but wont know its a light dessert.

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My mom made the BEST peach raspberry cobbler!!! You put your fruit and berries in a casserole dish, evenly top them with a dry white cake mix, and cover that with diet sprite...i think she got it from weight watchers...it was sooo good!!!! You could even use a reduced sugar cake mix! You would never know it was made without butter!
  • mirandacassens
    Options
    just melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over fresh raspberries, it is soo simple, but so decadent, no one will care that it is not bad for you!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I posted a yogurt cake on my daily cooking blog that is very good! You can fin my blog at

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65

I think it was on either Saturday 1/8 or Sunday 1/9
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com. Lots of stuff there and I can never tell any of it is diet.
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I just made cupcakes with a box of angel food cake and a can of pineapple. If you take those, put light cool whip and sliced strawberries it would a different take on strawberry shortcake. I made 21 cupcakes and each 90 calories.

I am not sure of the calorie content but if you made that like a cake and put a layer of the jello sugar free cheesecake pudding and strawberries, it would be kind of like the Angel Lush recipe.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always answering questions like this with "Hungry Girl," but I really like a lot of her swaps, like this one for chocolate mousse:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1525

or this one, for two-ingredient cakes (including diet soda and cake, which a lot of people swear by. I like cake mix and pumpkin):
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe for fruit salad:
    Honey greek yogurt. (you can use any other yogurt flavor that you like. I just love the honey yogurt)
    fruit cut up into bite size chunks. I use bananas, apples, grapes and strawberries.
    Mix it all together and it is ready to serve. No need for any sweetener since the fruit cut up will add it's own sugars and the yogurt is already sweet as well.
  • semiquaver
    Options
    Our fav is no cal jelly (or jello) and fruit, with just a dash of cream or low cal equivalent.
  • tigergreeneyz
    tigergreeneyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is always a favorite among friends:

Chocolate Pie

2 Low Fat Graham Cracker pie shell
    1 Family Size Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding mix (make with fat free milk to save on the calories)
    1 Light Cool Whip

Make the pudding as directed on the box (so far no one has been able to tell that I use sugar free pudding mix or fat free milk). Pour half of the mixture into each pie shell. Top with half each of the cool whip. Chill for at least 4 hours.