Smoothie recipes

Options
Jenniferstone86
Jenniferstone86 Posts: 18 Member
I am in search of some new and exciting smoothie recipes.
Any suggestions of your favorites would be great!

thanks!

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here is my go to low cal smoothie recipe:

1 avocado
    2 cups mixed greens, spinach & kale usually
    2 cups almond milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1tbsp ground cinnamon

This makes about 24-32oz of smoothies that I divide into mason jars for my fiancée and I to eat as snacks during the day. The oz depends on how much milk you put in, I like them a little thicker so I use a little less, he likes them thinner so he will put in more. The more stuff you put in, the more it yields. You can add any kind of berry to this you like, we have done blueberries in the past and it tastes delicious. Sometimes I add 1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder to treat myself, you could add different spices like nutmeg, allspice, green cardamom, ginger. Whatever you like really. Same as the berries, mx it up to keep it interesting. You could also add nut butter or seed butter, yogurts, for protein..

Hope this helps!!!
  • dennis_n
    dennis_n Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't know how much of a healthy combination that is cause I'm a total newbie to dieting, but here is a smoothie I'm making for my self in the morning lately. A scoop of protein powder (vanilla flavor) one full banana, 5 oz of almond milk (again vanilla flavor) and crushed ice.
    Blend it all, add more crushed ice if the blend is too thin. This should make about two cups which is hard to drink all at once so you might want to adjust the quantity of the ingredients a bit.
    This is very cool and filling smoothie and it easily gets me going through half a day until my next meal.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've got a few, both made up myself and also found online. Any with oats, I'd blend the oats on their own first so they're nice and fine, then do the rest of the ingredients all together. The ones without oats are just fine to chuck in and blend.

-Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie- 120ml non fat or skim milk, 20g rolled oats, half a medium banana, 7 medium strawberries, 1 ml vanilla essence, 1tsp sugar or natural sweetener. Make sure to zap oats on their own first.

-Chocolate recovery smoothie- 100ml skim milk, 45g banana, 15g raw cacao powder, 30g wpc protein powder chocolate, 15g ovaltine cold crunch, 30g rolled oats, 1 cup water.

-Berry recovery smoothie (My favourite invention)- 50g frozen berries, small handfull ice, 30g wpc protein powder chocolate flavour, 1 cup water, 1 tsp acai berry powder, 15 ml chia oil, or a tbsp of seeds, 150g berry yogurt, 45g banana.

-Banana peach and Chia smoothie.
    100g banana, 200g tinned peaches in juice, 20g rolled oats, 1.5 tsp chia seeds, and about a cup of water or milk.

-Spinach and Kale smoothie-1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup honey dew melon, 1 medium apple, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, ice.

-Strawberry mango spring smoothie-1 cup coconut milk, 1 raw mango, 5 strawberries, 1 banana.