"I may not pass you, but I can outlast you" -- 14 miles DONE

Options
13»

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! I am very jealous. I want to run a half marathon too, but I feel so far away from that. I walk for half and hour but am afraid to run for some reason. I can't get myself to bump up the speed to run yet. I want to be a runner I just can't do it!!!

You can do it... you just have to try. If you can walk that far and long you are ready to run. Start out with 30 seconds and a 4 minute recovery walk. Run slower than you think you need to. When you start running its not about speed, its about just doing it and training your body that breathing heavy will not kill you. When I start even now, the first mile or so is terrible. I think its because I start out too fast... but Iam short of breath huffing and puffing and its miserable. And somewhere after a mile my body goes "oh...your not giving up... crapI guess I better get used to this" and I just settle in nicely!
    Message me if you want more encouragement, support, or love! :)
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS. I really don't like running, but I still do it. I do about 3 to 4 miles along with swimming. I do like the way I feel when I'm finished. I would hate to run in a small running lap. I like to go out and come back once.
    Keep it up.
  • CarmenMSU
    CarmenMSU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too am preparing myself for a half marathon in September. :smile: Let us know how it goes.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. I am also a "shuffler" rather than a runner. You have every right to be very proud. Keep it up!

I shuffle -- I hate the track at night and I can see myself in the window. And I am convinced I dont look like I am running...but I am!! :)
  • mari788
    Options
    Wow!!! congratulations!! I just started running a week and a half ago (well jogging) around a resevoir because a coworker asked if I wanted to do a half- marathon at the end of march this year...its a 2.8 mile run and i've never run before in my life...i'm already making it around without stopping, including some serious inclines, and I feel amazing! yes it hurts and it feels like i want to give up, but i dont. I never thought Id love running...its SO hard to wake up (we run at 730am), but man, once i do, I feel great. And I smoke (yes, I know, bad). Im going to start trying to give it up in the next two weeks so I can improve. I cant imagine running 14 miles though! Thats amazing! and being obese still is even more amazing. Youve really inspired me to make it to the finish line! So thank you for sharing, because there are a lot of us who do care! :)

P.S. To those of you who think you cant, you can. Spin classes, I've noticed, really help me...theyre low impact and help you learn to control your breathing, which, in turn, helps you to push further than you ever thought you could.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Well done!
    :smile:
  • nordens
    nordens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's great! I managed the longest distance I've ever run last night, 8-miles! It's a great feeling hey?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!