Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you consider "good quality" chocolate?

From either a health or taste perspective?

Replies

• Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Taste. Milka or Lindt. Country of origin: Switzerland, Austria, or Germany.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    I've just got into Green & Blacks - they do a sea salt milk chocolate which satisfies so many different food cravings for me. I've been working it into my macros over the past few days. A square is only 18 calories, it's more the sodium I have to budget for. Delish! :)
  • I love the Ghirardelli (spelled that wrong) 72% cocao dark chocolate. It's a little bitter, a little sweet, and one square gets me my fix.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    I love the Ghirardelli (spelled that wrong) 72% cocao dark chocolate. It's a little bitter, a little sweet, and one square gets me my fix.
    [ img ] http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag207/Levibrayk/667ab99c-a28a-43fc-a337-fb3f02bd47b8_zps0e928d6d.jpg [ /img ]

This is my current favorite!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Lindt, Godiva, Ghirardelli, Cote d'Or... For me it's typically Swiss or Belgian chocolate. Not that Hershey crap.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Snowflake chocolate truffles (batch made in a cottage) and Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory dark chocolate (caramel sea salt and raspberry truffle). Made with all natural ingredients, And I can walk to LCC factory at lunch (30 minutes :) and I drive by Snowflake at least twice a day! Notice I said "by"!
  • strawberrycoconut87
    strawberrycoconut87 Posts: 19 Member
    Camino Fair Trade Chocolate = Heavenly!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    The kind that gives me a boner.

wut?
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 970 Member
    Chocolate made in Britain or Switzerland.

Even Cadbury chocolate is better in Britain.

My current, easily obtainable favourite is Lindt.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Ghirardelli, any of the dark chocolate varieties. I keep a stockpile of it for any time I need a little extra fat to hit my macros or just need a quick sugar fix. Also love the Lindt Lindor Truffles. Sometimes I still have some Reese's minis just for the peanut butter chocolate goodness but for quality I stick to other two.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Living in Switzerland myself, I am kind of partial to Lindt, Cailler or Belgian chocolates......mmmm
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Just has to be semi-sweet or dark.
  • gadoal
    gadoal Posts: 9 Member
    (1) Swiss Chocolate
    (2) Better with more cacao and less milk or butter (I love Lindt Excellence 80%, but there are also 90% and 98% which are "dry" ones and you will need to drink after eating them)
    (3) Avoid additional ingredients (walnuts, peanut, almonds, creme...)
    (4) Let melt (do not eat) in your mouth a square of chocolate at once and...enjoy.
    You will feel the difference, and you will feel less the need to eat more and more chocolate.
    Advice from Switzerland ;-) , the country of chocolate.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Green and Blacks DARK 85% ZOMG!!!!!!!!!! It's so flavorful and has awesome mouthfeel.